Need a Laptop for 30k

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
14-15"

3) Which country will you buying this notebook? Also state that if Amazon.com or Newgg.com ships to your country (Only if you know this info).
India -Srinagar can buy it from Delhi or online if needed.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:Dell, Asus,MSI
b. Dislike:HCL, Compaq

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Surfing and Photoshop (for image editing )

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
both
7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
no
8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
3-4
9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
a better display and a 4 GB ram

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Win 7
Screen Specifics

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
15"

Actually A friend of mine who lives in Srinagar want a laptop and I have never purchased a laptop before, so need a suggestion from you guys to get the best at the reasonable price . If possible suggest a Intel 2nd generations laptop-i3 or i5 with 4 gb ram, I already have a win 7 .so a laptop without a os will do the job

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
you can have a look at sony VPCEG25EN(this one is really good,will cost you 28k),it has a 14" screen and VPCEH25EN(it doesn't comes in your budget as it costs 30-31k),it has a 15" screen comes with a 512mb graphic card
Apart from that you can also have a look at Toshiba Satellite C Series C640-X4012,it has the best specs but I don't like the build quality of this laptop,easily available for 29k or less and there was a offer going on by Toshiba in which they were offering Philips 5.1 speakers with every laptop 3 weeks back

OP
Hsakarp_kahtap

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
Thanks aanant for your input I choose Toshiba Satellite C Series C640-X4012 model let me know it its is worth to buy it or not .

Freedom.Forever

free speech, forever
I hate toshiba for its bad looks and bad built. whats a laptop which looks old right after you buy it, its hinges suck.
I wont recommend Toshiba to anyone 'coz my friend has got one.

OP
Hsakarp_kahtap

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
I hate toshiba for its bad looks and bad built. whats a laptop which looks old right after you buy it, its hinges suck.
I wont recommend Toshiba to anyone 'coz my friend has got one.
Then please suggest me something better then this at the same price. Looks doesn't matters to my friend all he wants performance as well as reliable brand.

Freedom.Forever

free speech, forever
2nd gen i5

Dell Vostro 1550 2nd Gen Ci5/ 2GB/ 320GB/ DOS Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Dell Notebook

A bit outdated but excellent build superior looks. lacks dedicated GPU

HP Essential Series 630 ( 2GN Ci5) Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook
good laptop 7200 rpm HDD, without OS

actually they all lack dedicated graphics its uncommon in this price segment.

OP
Hsakarp_kahtap

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
Thanks freedom.forever for your inputs, will inform to my friend let see what he decide . As he is the one who will Pay .

Freedom.Forever

free speech, forever
2nd gen core i3

Asus K Series K53SC-SX096D Laptop Without Accessories: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook
excellent laptop excellent graphics

else the sony laptop that they suggested is also good. built wise, quality, looks but low VFM

aroraanant

Explorer
Don't go for HP model that is listed above.
Consider the sony models that I have listed above.Both are good,choose the one which your friend is good for him
And also sony laptop that I have suggested above is better than the asus one which is listed above.
And I have purchased both laptops,2-3 weeks back,I bought the one with 14" for my bro sometimes I also use it,and I bought the one with the 15.6" for my cousin...

Tenida

Gadget Freak
@OP-check this link
Budget Laptops around 30k-PCworld
*www.pcworld.in/features/budget-laptops-around-rs-30000

Top Bottom