Need a laptop - Budget upto ₹ 75000

kasshav

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
₹ 75000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
  • Coding - VSCode, Netbeans, Virtual Machines, Android Emulators
  • Design - Adobe Photoshop, XD, Figma
  • Gaming - Not a hardcore gamer, just need casual gaming (Hitman, Sniper Elite etc.)

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
  • Looking for AMD Ryzen platform (Maybe Ryzen 5 or Ryzen 7)
  • Need 15.6" display with FHD and Anti-Glare screen with good brightness and at least 120Hz refresh rate
  • Laptop should be durable (maybe metallic body) and with good cooling vents.
  • Strictly not looking for HP due to their poor build quality

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Asus, Lenovo
b. Dislike: HP

6) Anything else you would like to say?
  • Screen resolution ( 768p (HD) / 900p / 1080p (Full HD) ) - Full HD
  • Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) / extended (5-7hrs) ) - Normal is sufficient but extended would be good to have
  • Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, infibeam) / Local / Abroad ) - Either Online or Local (Chandigarh)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I know you dislike HP but the Omen 15 1660 ti seems like a good deal for 79k (Ryzen 5 4600H + 1660 Ti)

The omen 15 series actually has very good build quality and seems to be adequate cooling as well.

For gaming - HP Omen with R5 4600H + 1660Ti. It has the best GPU, build & thermals for 80k. It is a laptop which is a class above the rest. Its competition would be Lenovo Legion, Acer Predator Helios 300, etc.

For more CPU performance - Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 with R7 4800H + 1650Ti - goes for like 70-73k.

Both have 60Hz panels with up to 70% sRGB coverage, maybe get an ext. monitor if you can. I use Acer VG240Yp, costs 13k on sales with card offers.

Edit - Another option is Lenovo Legion 5 - R7 4800H + 1650Ti + 120Hz display for 83k, but most likely the panel is still 70% sRGB. Try to find more info. It matches the build & thermals of Omen as mentioned earlier. But Omen has a more metallic build than Legion. There are several comparison available online, check the one by Jarrod tech, maybe.
*www.amazon.in/Lenovo-Windows-Graphics-Phantom-82B500BMIN/dp/B08GG7W329/

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
If spending above 80k, look into zephyrus g14 with 4600hs and 1650ti as well. It has 8gb ram though, another stick needs to be added.
I am not 100% sure but the ideapad 3 omega mentioned might have 100%srgb, just tweet lenovo and confirm.

If you will need a drawing tablet or monitor then you can disregard laptop screen colour accuracy and focus on great hardware inside the laptop. Colour accuracy can be then added by way of a drawing monitor which start from 22k and provide 100-120% srgb standard.

@omega44-xt what do you think about the asus zenbook 13 oled um325 ? Will it be enough?

Last edited:
If spending above 80k, look into zephyrus g14 with 4600hs and 1650ti as well. It has 8gb ram though, another stick needs to be added.
I am not 100% sure but the ideapad 3 omega mentioned might have 100%srgb, just tweet lenovo and confirm.

If you will need a drawing tablet or monitor then you can disregard laptop screen colour accuracy and focus on great hardware inside the laptop. Colour accuracy can be then added by way of a drawing monitor which start from 22k and provide 100-120% srgb standard.

@omega44-xt what do you think about the asus zenbook 13 oled um325 ? Will it be enough?
No way Ideapad 3 has 100% sRGB, I'm pretty sure & I mentioned it as well.

The OLED has close to 100% Adobe RGB as well but is glossy instead of anti-glare:
*www.ultrabookreview.com/45028-asus-zenbook-13-um325-review/

OP
kasshav

kasshav

Broken In

I am strictly looking for a 15.6" screen. 14" becomes too little for me and 17" becomes too bulky.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
If you can, wait for the 3050 and 3050ti laptops, otherwise hp omen 4600 is the best config below 80k.
Besides that the 4800h ideapad looks a great choice compared to nitro 5 5600h/1650.

OP
kasshav

kasshav

Broken In
@omega44-xt @SaiyanGoku
Is there any laptop in India with screen brightness > 250 Nits?

If you can, wait for the 3050 and 3050ti laptops, otherwise hp omen 4600 is the best config below 80k.
Besides that the 4800h ideapad looks a great choice compared to nitro 5 5600h/1650.
@aby geek - I can definitely wait about a month. Just curious, when will more AMD Ryzen 5x series laptops hit the Indian market? So far looks there is only one Acer Laptop having Ryzen 5x series processor.

Might I suggest a mac.. these have gotten better and cheaper
@Neo - Macs are a no for me. Had been using a Macbook for 4 years. There is way too much restrictions in interoperability with Windows NTFS filesystems.And I had faulty keys on Macbook and repairing them is so costly that you can buy a low-end laptop in that price.

@omega44-xt @SaiyanGoku
Is there any laptop in India with screen brightness > 250 Nits?

@aby geek - I can definitely wait about a month. Just curious, when will more AMD Ryzen 5x series laptops hit the Indian market? So far looks there is only one Acer Laptop having Ryzen 5x series processor.

@Neo - Macs are a no for me. Had been using a Macbook for 4 years. There is way too much restrictions in interoperability with Windows NTFS filesystems.And I had faulty keys on Macbook and repairing them is so costly that you can buy a low-end laptop in that price.
Yes, many 1080p 100% sRGB 144Hz panels, like found in Acer Predator Helios 300 have 300 nits of brightness. Sadly I doubt any gaming laptop under 80k has it.

For 75k, generally, ultrabooks like Asus Zenbook has a good display.

Top Bottom