2. 512 MB RAM
3. 60+ GB Hardisk
4. weight less than 2 kgs
5. Price Less than 50K
6. Good Graphic Card with 128 MB

Any help would be appreciated!

sakumar79

Technomancer
I doubt if you can get the above specs with a budget of 50K. I did a quick search in www.ebay.in using filters for some of the specs you have specified.

The cheapest option in ebay that comes close to your set of specs costs 55k. It is an Acer laptop with Turion processor. The conflicting specs are weight (~3kg), graphics (64MB) and of course, price.

Perhaps if you were to specify the priorities for the various features, it might be possible to narrow down the best configuration that comes closest to your requirements...

Arun

goobimama

 Macboy
Given a though for apple? But only thing is it sucks for gaming...and you mentioned a 128 mb graphics card.

geekysage

Journeyman
vignesh said:
Go for Dell..Really good.

I second this. You can get a Dell Inspiron 6000 or Inspiron 600m for around 50K with the same config. When it comes to mid-range laptops, no company can beat Dell and Toshiba. That is their forte.

In case you plan on spending Rs. 100K+, Sony is a better choice. Dell Latitude series comes a close second. Oh yeah, IBM is a worthy contender in that range.

By the way, never, ever buy a HP/Compaq laptop! They are bulky with meager battery lives.

Why the hell should you listen to me? Because you don't wanna ignore the advice from an experienced guy. Period.

@goobimama: Apple lappys available for that much in India? :roll:

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
geekysage said:
vignesh said:
Go for Dell..Really good.

I second this. You can get a Dell Inspiron 6000 or Inspiron 600m for around 50K with the same config. When it comes to mid-range laptops, no company can beat Dell and Toshiba. That is their forte.

In case you plan on spending Rs. 100K+, Sony is a better choice. Dell Latitude series comes a close second. Oh yeah, IBM is a worthy contender in that range.

By the way, never, ever buy a HP/Compaq laptop! They are bulky with meager battery lives.

Why the hell should you listen to me? Because you don't wanna ignore the advice from an experienced guy. Period.

@goobimama: Apple lappys available for that much in India? :roll:

yes they are. ibook 12" is 55k in Mumbai.

Coming back to the Topic... Dell Inspiron 6000 or Acer Aspire 5000 would be good for you :)

If you are willing to spend more.. look at the toshibas as geekysage mentioned.

mediator said:
I'm planning to buy a new laptop...
Please let me know if you know a laptop satisfying these
Requirements

1. 1.6+ GHz
2. 512 MB RAM
3. 60+ GB Hardisk
4. weight less than 2 kgs
5. Price Less than 50K
6. Good Graphic Card with 128 MB

Any help would be appreciated!

Have a look at Compaq V2000 range with AMD Turion64 Processors. I got one from USofA for $1200. Graphics performance is sub par, but that doesn't matter to me as I rely on my desktop for gaming.

*www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1825173,00.asp

- Keith

OP
mediator

mediator

Technomancer
The priorities in descending order are
1. Speed
2. RAM
3. Hardisk space
4. Graphics
5. Price
6. Weight

Yea I wa thinking to buy DELL Inspiron 6000, but it doesnt have service centres available and little expensive, Toshiba is too expensive.
I need the laptop primarily for work (i.e opening like several web pages,winamp and doing autocad or .NET programming) not for hi-fi gaming but if games like NFS7,unreal tournament can be played with descent performance it wud be better!

Also on the advice of you ppl I wud love to try Apple and the OS that was I was thinking to install was SUSE9.2 and XP SP2!

tech_cheetah

Journeyman
@mediator
I was also thinkingof buying a laptop with similar specifications as urs under 50k.
Can u plz tell me the specifications of dell model which u have bought.
Esp. What grapics card does it have ? n is it giving decent graphics in games ?
are there any drawbacks of this notebook ? (which I am sure u wil come across as u use it for some time)
plz give all specs eg. screen size,ram,processsor etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom