Need a KB&M combo under 3k

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Need a KB&M combo under 3k

Hey guys, I've been using the Logitech MK200 KB&M combo since 5 years and lately both have started showing little problems that, though not major, are very annoying. My mouse sometimes double-clicks when I single-click it and some of the keys on my keyboard make a clunky sound when pressed and I'm not loving it. Anyway, I think both have performed better than expected considering that they cost me only 700 bucks.

So, finally I've decided to go for a new KB&M combo. My budget is ~3000 INR. I actually wanted a mechanical keyboard this time but since I can't afford it, I'd settle for membrane keyboards with sturdy and durable keys which provide better feedback than my present keyboard. As for the mouse, I'd like it to be slightly bigger than my present one because I kinda have big hands, not giant -big but big enough to make me avoid small mice.

I'm also a gamer, although I play most games with my controller, I'd really love to get a gaming KB&M combo if it's feasible within my budget. And if those are backlighted then that'd be a cool addition.

I hope I'm posting this in the right section.

I'm looking forward to your suggestions. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I'm very sorry. Looks like I should've posted this in the Peripherals section. :oops: Mods, please feel free to move it there, if need be.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Cooler Master Devastator Gaming Bundle -2,999.

Link:Buy Cooler Master Devastator USB Mouse & Keyboard Online at Best Price in India - Snapdeal

OP
TheFallenLord

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Re: Need a KB&M combo under 3k

Cooler Master Devastator Gaming Bundle -2,999.

Link:Buy Cooler Master Devastator USB Mouse & Keyboard Online at Best Price in India - Snapdeal

LOL, this fits my budget perfectly. If you are using it, can you tell me for how long have you been using it and how'd you rate it's looks, build quality, performance, VFM and overall satisfaction on a scale of 1–10? Hope I'm not asking too much. :ashamed:

- - - Updated - - -

Try to get Logitech G105 (or G105s) + G402 (or 402s) combo.

I couldn't find these @3k anywhere. The Keyboard itself is ~3k and it's out of stock at most online stores and the mouse will cost me ~2k and although I really like it, still both combined will cost me ~5k, which is well over my budget. :-(

Last edited:
Cooler Master Devastater is the most suggested KB, Mouse combo.
Just one thing. If you are trying to work in MS Excel, the backlit of keyboard (turned on/off through scroll lock key), causes some minor issues in software.

The mouse have a 200 dpi sensor. You could get upto 3200 though other mouse ( Trigger ), but I am not sure how long would they work (mine worked for like a year and then scroll got worn off ).

If you need better dpi, get a chinese manufacturer like DragonWar or Trigger , else go with CM (my choice).

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Going for Logitech G402/400s + Rs 1000 keyboard would be a better choice, Logitech's software is really good, and those extra buttons help

OP
TheFallenLord

TheFallenLord

Journeyman

Cooler Master Devastater is the most suggested KB, Mouse combo.
Just one thing. If you are trying to work in MS Excel, the backlit of keyboard (turned on/off through scroll lock key), causes some minor issues in software.

The mouse have a 200 dpi sensor. You could get upto 3200 though other mouse ( Trigger ), but I am not sure how long would they work (mine worked for like a year and then scroll got worn off ).

If you need better dpi, get a chinese manufacturer like DragonWar or Trigger , else go with CM (my choice).

Like I said in my earlier post, I use my X360 controller for all games except those which don't have controller support, so I guess higher dpi settings are useless for me. And I'd prefer CM over those Chinese manufacturers you mentioned any day. BTW isn't CM also a chinese manufactuerer? :p

- - - Updated - - -

Going for Logitech G402/400s + Rs 1000 keyboard would be a better choice, Logitech's software is really good, and those extra buttons help

But is it worth it to go for a gaming mouse costing 2k when I play most games with my controller (even fps)? AFAIK, the G402 is specially made for fps games and I don't even like fps games that much.

- - - Updated - - -

After watching a couple of video reviews of the G402, I think I'm falling for it. Say if I extend my budget to 4k and this mouse costs me 2k, can anybody suggest me a good keyboard (not necessarily gaming keyboard) with durable keys that provide good tactile feedback while typing and doesn't cost more than 2k?

Last edited:

Shah

Cyborg Agent

After watching a couple of video reviews of the G402, I think I'm falling for it. Say if I extend my budget to 4k and this mouse costs me 2k, can anybody suggest me a good keyboard (not necessarily gaming keyboard) with durable keys that provide good tactile feedback while typing and doesn't cost more than 2k?

Since your budget is 2k for the keyboard and you were interested in mechanical keyboards, Why not try TVS-e Gold keyboard?

OP
TheFallenLord

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
After a lot of thinking, I've finally decided to go for the CM Storm Devastator combo. I will perhaps get a better combo when I build a new PC in a couple years time but for the time being, I think the devastator combo is good enough to satisfy my current requirements and it also fits my budget perfectly.

I just have one more question for those who're using or have used this combo. Many people in the review section of various online shopping websites are complaining that the MS2K mouse wheel makes a loud squeaky noise after a few days usage. Is it true?

Anyway, thanks all for your valuable inputs.

Top Bottom