Need a Image Editing software to Add watermarks on images

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Hi Guys,

I need a windows software to edit images with watermarks.
My use case is that I am sending my Aadhaar/PAN IDs to others but I don't trust them at all if they are going to delete the images right away after usage or sell those ID proofs.
So before sending them the ID proofs, i want to add watermarks like "ONLY TO BE USED FOR JOB OFFER FOR <X> COMPANY".

If windows doesn't have easy-to-use software then I am fine with Linux based programs as well. But preference is for Win10.

Is this wise? Should I do anything else to avoid getting my personal data stolen and use somewhere else?

More details about the issue on :
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/wh...ates-when-hiring-company-will-do-same.209508/

Last edited:
Not sure if there's a simpler way (likely there is) but you should be able to do it with any image editor like Photoshop, GIMP or paint.net. In a way, you only need to add a new layer with the intended text & increase the transparency of that layer. Later export it as .jpg.

abhinav_sinha

Journeyman
You can use FotografixPortable. This is a portable software and doesn't need to be installed. just download from portableapps, extract and use. Although use cases are limited but for you scenario this should suffice.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any image editing software which supports layers is just fine to do it. It's very simple to do. Use paint.Net and you can add image / text as watermark.

*forums.getpaint.net/topic/23427-custom-watermarks/

Top Bottom