Need a Headphone for 7-8 K and an affordable Amp for 3 K

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
I was almost impressed until I saw a pair of "Bass-Boosted"(ATH M50) headphones being proclaimed as an allrounder. I borrowed an ATH M50 from a friend and tried it myself, what I concluded is that while it is a good step into the audiophile world, it cannot match my Sennheiser HD558 on any level.The soundstage(due to the open back design), the amount of details picked up and the allround sound signature is far more better in the HD558 than the ATH M50.

But then again it is subject to one's personal taste, a person who likes hip-hop and metal will find a pair of "Bass-Boosted" headphones like Beats by Dre or the ath m50 to be better because these genres require such headphones.

In this price range there is no such thing as an "allrounder" . If one wants to buy a TRUE all allrounder one has to cough up more than 30k on IEM's like the SHURE SE 535 which is has "Triple BA drivers : One for each part of the frequency spectrum" or headphones like the Shure Srh1940 and the Sennheiser HD 650.

Anyways if OP has decided to check out all the headphones select the one he likes, no amount of recommendations saying otherwise will change his mind.GL on your HF Hunt

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
All rounders are present in every aspects, stages of life materialistic or not, let alone audio.Im not bad mouthing the Senns ,I have mentioned what they do best.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
@ anirbandd ,all you saw was the money in that post? Did you get what I meant? Why expensive gear or money aint the solution for the best in audio,that was the point.? Or is it our typical Kolkata communist attitude? :wink:

wow!

you took it seriously. :D

PS: if i remember, you had given a pic of your red cpu cabinet. and said you were diehard cpm fan. gimme a break dada. :)

OP
S

siddharchris

Broken In
As far as I know Saptaswara stocks Senns too.

Not the HD 5xx series. I checked with them. Headphone Zone and Musee Musicals store these Senn Models but unsure of auditioning. You know anyone else ?

I was almost impressed until I saw a pair of "Bass-Boosted"(ATH M50) headphones being proclaimed as an allrounder. I borrowed an ATH M50 from a friend and tried it myself, what I concluded is that while it is a good step into the audiophile world, it cannot match my Sennheiser HD558 on any level.The soundstage(due to the open back design), the amount of details picked up and the allround sound signature is far more better in the HD558 than the ATH M50.

But then again it is subject to one's personal taste, a person who likes hip-hop and metal will find a pair of "Bass-Boosted" headphones like Beats by Dre or the ath m50 to be better because these genres require such headphones.

In this price range there is no such thing as an "allrounder" . If one wants to buy a TRUE all allrounder one has to cough up more than 30k on IEM's like the SHURE SE 535 which is has "Triple BA drivers : One for each part of the frequency spectrum" or headphones like the Shure Srh1940 and the Sennheiser HD 650.

Anyways if OP has decided to check out all the headphones select the one he likes, no amount of recommendations saying otherwise will change his mind.GL on your HF Hunt

All rounders are present in every aspects, stages of life materialistic or not, let alone audio.Im not bad mouthing the Senns ,I have mentioned what they do best.

I'm just glad to have you help me find the right equipment. You guys made this thread more informative than it required and took it to a different plane. Thanks!

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Laptop plus
express avenue, shop no 304, 2nd floor,
49/50l whites road, royapettah, chennai - 600014

smart shoppers pvt ltd
ground floor,sindur pantheon plaza
346,pantheon road, egmore, chennai - 600008
phone: 044-43508550/43508580

the it depot- adyar odyssey 'shop in shop'
45,47 ist main road,gandhi nagar, adyar,
chennai - 600020
phone: 044-45511488

OP
S

siddharchris

Broken In
Came through this offer and verified it to be true and genuine *www.ebay.in/itm/Logitech-UE-6000-H...Head_Sets&hash=item233601454b&_uhb=1#payCntId

So UE 6000 and Fiio E07K makes a versatile combination?

Top Bottom