Need a good HTiB or a good audio setup

coolnikk

Journeyman
Hi guys im looking for some good audio setup for my home like a good HTiB.Budget is 20-25k(upto 30 if its really worth it).Primary usage would be 50% music 50% movies with my new lg47lm6410:-D.Also i have very little knowledge of this field in audio section, So pour in ur suggestions.Would be buying from mumbai and no grey market recommendations its too much of a hassle.

Txn in advance

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Music has a very different requirement when compared to Cinema. Both requires audio gears of different character. So if you try and play either away from their respective field of requirements they will eventually sound out of sync.

Yes ,you do get audio gear that do both music and cinema very very good,but they cost quite a packet. So at your specified budget you have to compromise since its both movies and music. At your specified limits you wont get the best of both worlds.

A good and worthwhile option is to buy the Onkyo HT-S 3500/3400 within Rs 26,000. Its better than all the Yamahas and Pioneers at that price point.

OP
C

coolnikk

Journeyman
wat abt individual components like assembling each and every different component which will complement each other

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
It will surpass your budget.But then if you buy the components one by one like the speakers and the AVR and then the rest of the gear even then to get quality in to the configuration the first set (AVR and Front speakers) will cost you Rs 28,990 + 15,500.

OP
C

coolnikk

Journeyman
@increnator do u have any hands on experience with onkyo and also how does it performs in music and movies ??

and wat abt this 1 its onkyo hts5500 tat also for 400 bucks tats 21k or 22k *www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S5500-7-1-Channel-Theater-Receiver/dp/B0077V88ZE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353304181&sr=8-1&keywords=ONKYO+HT-S5500

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
If you buy it from US ....Onkyo India wont provide support. In India you get the previous generation the HT-S 5400 and costs over Rs 45000 and in my opinion its not worth it. There are way better HT solutions at 50K and a bit more.

Top Bottom