Need a good headphone under 1k

Status
Not open for further replies.

pushkaraj

In the zone
Hi friends, i need a pair of headphones that has a good overall frequency response. i wanna use it for working in Fruity Loops Studio.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
EP630 is not gud for studio works like Fruity Loops, only gud for portable devices.

I prefer Philips models for studio works. I hav used Philips SHP 1900, its gr8 vfm for Rs.700/-

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
Thanx for ur replies guys. I dont know about the ep630 but i own an hpm-70 earphone that came bundled with my w580. the problems with the hpm-70 are:
1) its too much of bass.
2) it is not comfortable for 2-3 hours of continuous use.
3) it comes in contact with the ear drum so prolonged use is definitely not right.

As far as audio quality is concerned, i m really satisfied with the hpm-70.

i will chk out the above suggested models. one of my friends suggested me to go for the headphones frm the sony studio series that r priced below 1k. any idea about these???

Also i wud like to know which is the best place to buy headphones in mumbai. wat i mean by "best place" is that the products are not overpriced :D

Stuge

Youngling
@pushkaraj:Keep this in mind that EP630 are in ear phone ,whereas HD201 are over ear phones .In ear phones are not liked by everyone and they are mostly used with portable devices .Well personally I never liked EP630 ,but they are good as they are able to isolated outside noise to some extend .

Last edited:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@pushkaraj

wat exactly is ur need?? if u need a solution for studio works, then y referring to in-ear bud type headphones??!!! for studio works always prefer headsets, not headphones like EP630 or HPM70.......

acewin

Point Blanc
he asked for headphones and not earphones.
Consider SHP2500/SHP2000 comes in 749 and 649 respectively, good for long continous hearing

as jin sayed these are really best headset for very long hearing. or any studioworks
I am using SHP2500 mostly for watching movies and playing games. I keep it on my heads as longs as 5 hours continously

Last edited:
OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
Thanks for ur replies. I need headphones. Although i mentioned that i like hpm70, i forgot to mention that i was using it coz i didnt hav a better sounding headphones. and the problems that i mentioned with the hpm70 r some of the reasons y i shud not b using in-ear phones for FL Studio.
@jin m@tt and others,
i hope i hav made myself clear and am extremely sorry for having created confusion.

@Varad Dilip Choudhari, can u suggest me any particular model. hav u used any of these coz they r the only ones that come under my budget.

@acewin, i hav indeed almost finalised buying the shp2500
am also considering Sennheiser HD570

Guys plz help me decide whether i shud go for the SHP2000 or the SHP2500:confused:
SHP2000 vs SHP2600
SHP2000
SHP2500

i also checked out some sony headphones but the ones that fall in my budget like the Sony MDR-XD200 havent got good ratings.

Has any1 used the Sennheiser HD570
These headphones hav 64ohms impedance whereas the SHP2000 and SHP2500 hav 32ohms impedance. Does that mean a difference in the sound quality???

Also the Sennheiser HD570 do not appear anywhere on the home site.
Search results for HD570
Search results for HD 570
I guess they hav discontinued the hd570.

Guys, i think i m gonna fall for one of the sennheisers(that is if i get any model under 1k :) )

Last edited:

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
^hd507 may be discontinued , u shud chk the sennheiser hd201 , i dnt think any other headphone at that price range can beat this one, review *www.headphone.com/guide/by-budget/under-40/sennheiser-hd-201.php

acewin

Point Blanc
SHP2700 not SHP2600, I suppose.
Certainly sennheisers are good. Their availability in less than 1K, cannot comment as I do not know any of priced such.

As per my say, you would not regret buying any of the named headsets in here.
Good Luck buying.

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
The HD570 has indeed been discontinued. I confirmed it from
Prime Abgb
Lamington Road
Mumbai
Phone: (022) 23855500 or (002) 23896600

The price of the HD201 over there is 1150/-
The price of SHP2500 as told by Rhythm House,Fort, is 745/- i.e. exactly as mentioned on the philips website.

@acewin, yes i meant the shp2700. M sorry for the typo:)

The HD 201 indeed looks good

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan
I kno this is too much to ask for but is there any place where i can test the headphone i m byuing??

no where only way to buy a headphone or speaker is to read user reviews ...and look for what u want ..no showroom will let u test any of the headphone... go to cnet,amazon and read about the particular models what users feel and faced ....thats the only way to find the right headphone ...

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
One of my friends is a dj and he advised me not go for the philips headphones coz they arent good for the purpose of music production or studio works. Thats wat he told me frm his personal experience. But due to budget constraint, i m still ocnsidering the Philips SHP2500. The HD 201 however seem more enticing:
*www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/01/26/review_sennheiser_hd_201/
*www.ecoustics.com/amz/reviews/B0007XJSQC
*www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/headphone-buyers-guide-271258/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom