Need a Gaming Laptop . Under 200k

OP
Abhishekrocked

Abhishekrocked

Broken In
I'm stuck with newegg chat for past 15 minutes. I would try to get this info from them.

Edit: Still stuck but I found this:
International Shipping

Note:

• Customs offices in some countries require the importer of record to provide a particular form of identification before releasing a shipment. You may be required to provide an identification number such as a Unique Identification Number, CPF, or Tax ID.

• Countries that require an identification number include: Brazil, Chile, China, Ecuador, India, Israel, South Africa, South Korea, and Turkey.
I think custom duty charges will be levied , also need to fill the form so after that they will release it .

So basically its almost the same thing paying to local shops ( custom duty charges ) / if customer needs to pay and handle product once it reaches the destination country .

I would surly consider if newegg ask me to pay some additional charges when it reaches the destination country and they will handle all the form and custom stuff and deliver to my location.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I think custom duty charges will be levied , also need to fill the form so after that they will release it .

So basically its almost the same thing paying to local shops ( custom duty charges ) / if customer needs to pay and handle product once it reaches the destination country .

I would surly consider if newegg ask me to pay some additional charges when it reaches the destination country and they will handle all the form and custom stuff and deliver to my location.

UPDATE

As the newegg agent said
I see that the estimated duty would be ₹ 50,229.
Would defeat the entire purpose of importing it. :facepalm:
Newegg would collect it from you and pay customs on your behalf. Any overcharged amount would be refunded in 60 days.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Every laptop is cheaper abroad.Asus laptops carry international warranty(confirmed as mentioned on their site). If someone buy a laptop from abroad & bring it with him in his cabin luggage by declaring as personal item then custom rules say there is no need to pay any duty(see my earlier post#12 above).
When it comes to Asus laptops, International warranty is applicable Only if the same model is sold in India.

OP
Abhishekrocked

Abhishekrocked

Broken In
UPDATE
As the newegg agent said

Would defeat the entire purpose of importing it. :facepalm:
Newegg would collect it from you and pay customs on your behalf. Any overcharged amount would be refunded in 60 days.

So i dont need to contact custom duty and stuff , right ? Once i Checked out , i dont need to pay any additional charges

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
When it comes to Asus laptops, International warranty is applicable Only if the same model is sold in India.
Any "official source" to back this up?
ROG Strix GL702VI Warranty | Laptops | ASUS USA
On same page:
*bacchus.asus.com/support/images/up...international warranty country cover list.pdf
upload_2018-3-29_17-59-15.png

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
1) What is your budget? 1,00,000 INR to 1,80,000 INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
  • Preferably 15 but its ok if 17 , Weight doesnt matter

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

Purely for gaming

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Prefer GTX 1080 first but can go for GTX 1070 also if their is not much of difference and price is huge margin between this two .

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
NA

6) Anything else you would like to say?
  • Screen resolution : I heard 4k panels has less hertz then 1080p . Would like to know more about this , if that's the case then i preferred more hertz one .
  • Purchase place : Online preferred but if its a popular brand can get offline for some discounts. Will be purchasing in India only . Don't have any relative who can import :p
I Know importing from others will cost way lesser but that's not an option for me. Need to buy here only.

Also any update on Nvidia next gen series cards , when they are going to release this year or next.
ASUS Zephyrus GX501VS-XS71

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Why are you interested in a 2 lakh laptop ? You can get a high end PC for 1.25 lakhs and spend the rest on a decent ultrabook with GPU and battery for mobility needs.
Best of both worlds, its not like gaming laptops are portable or have the battery power for regular stuff.
If you are in hostel, that is understandable though, but a gaming PC with a decent monitor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the experience you get from a 17 inch laptop screen.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Well its depends if you keep moving one place to another so bulky laptop is best option. I also had high end machine but I sold off and planning to buy a DTR laptop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why are you interested in a 2 lakh laptop ? You can get a high end PC for 1.25 lakhs and spend the rest on a decent ultrabook with GPU and battery for mobility needs.
Best of both worlds, its not like gaming laptops are portable or have the battery power for regular stuff.
If you are in hostel, that is understandable though, but a gaming PC with a decent monitor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the experience you get from a 17 inch laptop screen.
I don't know why some people suggest PC in a thread for a gaming laptop.

Gaming PCs were cheap for sure, but the difference in price is lower now thanks to miners. GPUs & RAMs are overpriced. I bought an 8GB RAM for my laptop for 2.7k just 2 years back, now it's almost 2x, was even 3x at one point. At this point in time, consoles are really making more sense compared to PCs.

Also, someone who travels a lot or a college student won't buy a PC. Gaming PC + ultrabook only makes sense for someone who is working & is pretty sure they would remain at the same city for years to come, which again is not certain for people new into jobs.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Exactly same thing happened to me I purchased a pc for unfortunately I can't used it so after using 1.5 months i plan to sell but due traveling i was unable to sell other parts.

However I seen many laptops but what i was looking for I can't get in laptop so I ordered DTR machine.
It's depends upon the person what he looking for even within laptop what is the purpose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Priced at 123k on newegg India, has a 1080 (not max-q), international warranty, 120 Hz gsync ips panel (customs would probably kill the price)
ASUS ROG STRIX Gaming Laptop, 17" Full HD 120Hz Panel, Intel Core i7 2.8GHz GTX 1080 8GB, 16GB DDR4 256GB PCIe SSD 1TB HDD, Black Aluminum Hairline (GL702VI-WB74) - Newegg.com
*i.imgur.com/GKmyp5N.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom