Need a Gaming Laptop . Under 200k

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Just asking what will you do in case something happens with the laptop if you buy from XoticPC/Clevo or other such vendors?

As gaming laptops operate at high load conditions, it has higher chances of failure.
Its a Risk u have to take.
Computer parts are uncertain in nature. for RMA you will have to bear the shipping charges.
Just make sure u play safe everytime ;)

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
I think they don't have P870TM still they using P775 just which Clevo barebone you are getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zangetsu

Ok. But why you putting the old ones and what will the benefits you get.

Lol, they are not 10yr old parts.

I have the following with me (which I bought from US earlier)
1. Kingston 16GB DDR4 RAM
2. Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM HDD
3. Sandisk X400 256GB SSD

my old laptop had Core-i7 6th gen CPU , GTX970M and MSI board. But the GPU gone kaput :( and the laptop is useless now so I am using the parts which are working.

I curse the soldered GPU every time I look at my old laptop :emoji_angry::emoji_rage:

Lol, they are not 10yr old parts.

I have the following with me (which I bought from US earlier)
1. Kingston 16GB DDR4 RAM
2. Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM HDD
3. Sandisk X400 256GB SSD

my old laptop had Core-i7 6th gen CPU , GTX970M and MSI board. But the GPU gone kaput :( and the laptop is useless now so I am using the parts which are working.

I curse the soldered GPU every time I look at my old laptop :emoji_angry::emoji_rage:
That's some serious bad luck. Luckily I got 2 years of additional warranty for 1.5k when I bought my current laptop.

Its a Risk u have to take.
Computer parts are uncertain in nature. for RMA you will have to bear the shipping charges.
Just make sure u play safe everytime ;)
That's why I don't even consider buying them or suggest them. You can't argue that companies like Dell, Asus have better after sales & service coverage even if you live in US. Although some companies do pay for two way shipping if you live in US. With Dell or Asus at least you can pay money & get it repaired in India itself.

Simple you have to send it back. Sometimes it will be parts or the laptop. But it easy to send the parts and save shipping.

HIDEVOLUTION offers global warranty but they charge 200$ per year and you can send your laptop or parts twice in year and it covers two ways shipping.

There nothing that higher chance the gaming laptop will fail. They check everything before sending.

In my case I didn't choose the global warranty because if in case something happens so i can send the parts i will save the money and put in something else.

I purchased 3 years warranty support for the parts and I asked my reseller to check everything and do the delieding both GPU & CPU run the test so that there will no hassle.

Still, don't you think its more convenient to get Dell or Asus & buy the extended warranty as those can be serviced in India.

Gaming laptops do have a higher chance of failure because of all the heat on internal components. They operate at max load conditions for a lot of time during their lifetime when compared to a normal laptop used for watching videos, editing docs, etc. The only laptop which I have seen run for more than 5 years without any issue is an old Alienware laptop which a guy here owns. That laptop has GT555M & is still running fine, although hotter than when it was new. Most of my friends who have gaming laptops came across some problem or other in 2-3 years of usage. After that, they just live with it somehow.

A friend of mine with Lenovo Y500 had keyboard issues which made it a headache for typing. It wasn't a big problem for gaming though, so he used it until the end of last year. That laptop was 3.5 years old when he decided to scrap it. He couldn't even sell it for 5000 or something because of a USB port & 3.5mm jack not working. Also, hinge was broken & CPU was throttling. This is a rare case but most other gaming laptops which my friends have started throttling after 3 years, CPU or GPU.

------------
What did you buy from HIDEVOLUTION btw? I don't see anything special in its website

Zangetsu

That's why I don't even consider buying them or suggest them. You can't argue that companies like Dell, Asus have better after sales & service coverage even if you live in US. Although some companies do pay for two way shipping if you live in US. With Dell or Asus at least you can pay money & get it repaired in India itself.
Inside warranty it will be repaired/replaced but once that is over u r doomed
and its true normal laptops have longer life due to their work flow and gaming laptops have to undergo stress and heating every time

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Still, don't you think its more convenient to get Dell or Asus & buy the extended warranty as those can be serviced in India.

Gaming laptops do have a higher chance of failure because of all the heat on internal components. They operate at max load conditions for a lot of time during their lifetime when compared to a normal laptop used for watching videos, editing docs, etc. The only laptop which I have seen run for more than 5 years without any issue is an old Alienware laptop which a guy here owns. That laptop has GT555M & is still running fine, although hotter than when it was new. Most of my friends who have gaming laptops came across some problem or other in 2-3 years of usage. After that, they just live with it somehow.

A friend of mine with Lenovo Y500 had keyboard issues which made it a headache for typing. It wasn't a big problem for gaming though, so he used it until the end of last year. That laptop was 3.5 years old when he decided to scrap it. He couldn't even sell it for 5000 or something because of a USB port & 3.5mm jack not working. Also, hinge was broken & CPU was throttling. This is a rare case but most other gaming laptops which my friends have started throttling after 3 years, CPU or GPU.

------------
What did you buy from HIDEVOLUTION btw? I don't see anything special in its website

See its depends upon the person what is wanted in that price range and future upgrade.

Well is totally depends upon how you treat the machine and Clevo there lot of options to upgrade and do the cooling like vapor chamber which is copper. Check the pic

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180404/edc63c5bf413409aa08947f2cc27e79c.jpg

Even I have XPS and had issues but replace the part and do proper thermal pasting and I only use for movie & surfing.

If you any questions you write point wise i will answer you in that manner.

I didn't bought from HIDEVOLUTION different vendor, but you check the machine which is bars on P870TM1 with 1080 and SLI configuration. Check the link

Custom Gaming Laptop EVOC High Performance Systems P870TM1 w/ DUAL GTX 1080

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
The Clevo is entirely different league it's basically for DTR.

I was looking for desktop replacement and my priority was I have to uses my 2 TB SSD and 2 TB HD and none of the gaming laptop are providing that plus every machine having some problem. Also I have to consider the pricing. There lot of factors to choosing the Clevo over these gaming laptop.

The machine is pretty heavy though i can't put on my back for daily traveling. However If you have gaming desktop you don't move that much so its kind of similar to that.

In future if you can do the upgrade in same chassis.

See HIDEVOLUTION charging 200$ for shipping, twice in years both way, but if you want to go for it because the problem come with parts and you can send the cheaper shipping to them but problem with HIDEVOLUTION they also charge for return shipping but reseller don't.

Well i can write too but may its not relevant because I'm thinking from my point of view.

I also agree that Clevo, etc are good because of the options, but if you are living in India, as I said earlier, after sales is still a big hassle. Shipping charges are high. For someone living in US, yes its a great choice as they cover to & fro shipping during the warranty period.

Inside warranty it will be repaired/replaced but once that is over u r doomed
and its true normal laptops have longer life due to their work flow and gaming laptops have to undergo stress and heating every time

Even after the warranty is over, you get parts in India, if that laptop was ever available in India. My friends have replaced parts, including display of 3 years+ old laptop.

Top Bottom