Need a Gaming Laptop . Under 200k

Abhishekrocked

Broken In
1) What is your budget? 1,00,000 INR to 1,80,000 INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
  • Preferably 15 but its ok if 17 , Weight doesnt matter

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

Purely for gaming

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Prefer GTX 1080 first but can go for GTX 1070 also if their is not much of difference and price is huge margin between this two .

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
NA

6) Anything else you would like to say?
  • Screen resolution : I heard 4k panels has less hertz then 1080p . Would like to know more about this , if that's the case then i preferred more hertz one .
  • Purchase place : Online preferred but if its a popular brand can get offline for some discounts. Will be purchasing in India only . Don't have any relative who can import :p
I Know importing from others will cost way lesser but that's not an option for me. Need to buy here only.

Also any update on Nvidia next gen series cards , when they are going to release this year or next.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only 3 option in entire amazon India site for 1070 gfx laptop:
*www.amazon.in/Omen-HP-250TX-17-3-i...F8&qid=1522240656&sr=1-1&keywords=nvidia+1070
*www.amazon.in/HP-17-an009TX-17-3-I...F8&qid=1522240656&sr=1-3&keywords=nvidia+1070
*www.amazon.in/Acer-Predator-G9-593...F8&qid=1522240656&sr=1-2&keywords=nvidia+1070

If you have a passport you can go to dubai/singapore,buy GTX1080 laptop from there & return back.It will still cost you cheaper/equal to your 2lakh budget.

Almost all 4K panels on laptops are 60Hz. If you opt for 1080p, you can get a 120Hz display. It's something which you have to personally see to observe the difference, but the general consensus is that 120 Hz is any day better than 60 Hz for gaming provided you have a strong enough GPU.

I'd personally say that spending that much on a laptop in India isn't the best choice. A GTX 1060 laptop would make more sense as that price difference between 1060 & 1070 is huge. GTX 1080 laptops cost 3 lakh, last I checked. Choices are less for GTX 1070 & GTX 1080 laptops in India as not many people spend that much.

Next gen GPUs were initially rumored to be showcased right now at GDC but that's not going to happen. Optimistic estimates put the release date in July, the successors of GTX 1070 & 1080 desktop GPUs. Expect laptop GPU announcement within 6 months after this. Also launch in India is always late, last time MSI was the first brand to bring GTX 10 series gaming laptops in India, that too after a few weeks of US release. But all this can be further delayed as miners are ruining the experience for gamers, so Nvidia & AMD can still make good profits from 2 years old GPUs.

Some GTX 1060 choices:
Acer Predator Helios 300 Core i7 7th Gen - (16 GB/2 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics) G3-572 Gaming Laptop Rs.120990 Price in India - Buy Acer Predator Helios 300 Core i7 7th Gen - (16 GB/2 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics) G3-572 Gaming Laptop Black Online - Acer : Flipkart.com
Its i5 model is priced at 1 lakh but gets as low as 80k during sales.

Alienware Core i7 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics) 15 Gaming Laptop Rs.164991 Price in India - Buy Alienware Core i7 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics) 15 Gaming Laptop Anodized Aluminum Online - Alienware : Flipkart.com
Maybe get this (currently on discount) & get an external GPU after 2-3 years. The graphics amplifier port results in better performance compared to Thunderbolt 3 for ext GPUs.

GTX 1070:
*www.amazon.in/Acer-Predator-G9-593...15?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1522240482&sr=1-15

Some facts:
The 1.2 lakh priced Acer costs $1100 in USA which comes out to 72k INR. Still the average income & spending capacity of people in the USA is much higher than for Indians, so no wonder people buy $1000 gaming laptops without thinking much.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Get 1080p 120Hz rather than 4k, especially when the screen size is too low for it.
I liked the idea given by @whitestar_999 . If required, you can fly dubai and come back in same day (if you don't want hotel stay or explore the city) with overall expenses being lesser.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
A 1070 laptop would cost you 100k INR and above from Dubai (Amazon Dubai Link: Sale on gaming, Buy gaming Online at best price in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and rest of United Arab Emirates | Souq.com )
A return ticket to Dubai would cost around 15-30k INR

Asus, Dell, Acer may give you international warranty. MSI India won't and I'm not sure about Lenovo India.

Fly to Dubai, buy a laptop with international warranty + taxi + food, fly back to India and you would still save ~30-50k INR.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
MSI GAMING LAPTOP GE73VR 7RF RAIDER (i7-7700HQ/16GB/256GB SSD/1TB HDD/GTX 1070 8GD5/17.3 INCH ANTI GLARE FHD/WINDOWS 10) @ 186k

Link:MSI GAMING LAPTOP GE73VR 7RF RAIDER (i7-7700HQ/16GB/256GB SSD/1TB HDD/GTX 1070 8GD5/17.3 INCH ANTI GLARE FHD/WINDOWS 10)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
MSI GAMING LAPTOP GE73VR 7RF RAIDER (i7-7700HQ/16GB/256GB SSD/1TB HDD/GTX 1070 8GD5/17.3 INCH ANTI GLARE FHD/WINDOWS 10) @ 186k

Link:MSI GAMING LAPTOP GE73VR 7RF RAIDER (i7-7700HQ/16GB/256GB SSD/1TB HDD/GTX 1070 8GD5/17.3 INCH ANTI GLARE FHD/WINDOWS 10)
Overpriced by 66k (link: *www.amazon.com/GE73VR-Notebook-i7-7700HQ-Windows-Computer/dp/B073R414L6/ )

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Please take into account 20% customs charges.

Sent from my Smartron SRT kT5524 using Tapatalk
66k is 55% of 120k INR, not exactly a small amount. Custom duty is 18% (as per *www.icegate.gov.in/Webappl/Trade-Guide-on-Imports )
Why should one pay more than 142k (including duty) for a 120k laptop?

OP
Abhishekrocked

Abhishekrocked

Broken In
A 1070 laptop would cost you 100k INR and above from Dubai (Amazon Dubai Link: Sale on gaming, Buy gaming Online at best price in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and rest of United Arab Emirates | Souq.com )
A return ticket to Dubai would cost around 15-30k INR

Asus, Dell, Acer may give you international warranty. MSI India won't and I'm not sure about Lenovo India.

Fly to Dubai, buy a laptop with international warranty + taxi + food, fly back to India and you would still save ~30-50k INR.

I like this idea :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.cbec.gov.in/Cbec_Revamp_new/htdocs-cbec/guide_for_travellers/trvler-guide_ason05feb2015.pdf
3. One laptop computer (notebook computer) over and above the said free allowances
mentioned above is also allowed duty free if imported by any passenger of the age of 18
years and above.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
66k is 55% of 120k INR, not exactly a small amount. Custom duty is 18% (as per *www.icegate.gov.in/Webappl/Trade-Guide-on-Imports )
Why should one pay more than 142k (including duty) for a 120k laptop?
Amazon does not ship this laptop to India.
*i.imgur.com/pB09qAt.png

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Every laptop is cheaper abroad.Asus laptops carry international warranty(confirmed as mentioned on their site). If someone buy a laptop from abroad & bring it with him in his cabin luggage by declaring as personal item then custom rules say there is no need to pay any duty(see my earlier post#12 above).

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Priced at 123k on newegg India, has a 1080 (not max-q), international warranty, 120 Hz gsync ips panel (customs would probably kill the price)
ASUS ROG STRIX Gaming Laptop, 17" Full HD 120Hz Panel, Intel Core i7 2.8GHz GTX 1080 8GB, 16GB DDR4 256GB PCIe SSD 1TB HDD, Black Aluminum Hairline (GL702VI-WB74) - Newegg.com

OP
Abhishekrocked

Abhishekrocked

Broken In
Priced at 123k on newegg India, has a 1080 (not max-q), international warranty, 120 Hz gsync ips panel (customs would probably kill the price)
ASUS ROG STRIX Gaming Laptop, 17" Full HD 120Hz Panel, Intel Core i7 2.8GHz GTX 1080 8GB, 16GB DDR4 256GB PCIe SSD 1TB HDD, Black Aluminum Hairline (GL702VI-WB74) - Newegg.com

Hows the experience from newegg.com , from what i see from their website they ship from USA . So if i order from INDIA , will newegg or custom duty charge me extra on top of that MRP price .
Also if any additional cost will i have to pay to newegg or need to contact custom duty.

I dont want to contact or pay additional cost for custom duty ( as i till take more time and cost ) . If Newegg handles that section i am fine with it.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hows the experience from newegg.com , from what i see from their website they ship from USA . So if i order from INDIA , will newegg or custom duty charge me extra on top of that MRP price .
Also if any additional cost will i have to pay to newegg or need to contact custom duty.

I dont want to contact or pay additional cost for custom duty ( as i till take more time and cost ) . If Newegg handles that section i am fine with it.
I'm stuck with newegg chat for past 15 minutes. I would try to get this info from them.

Edit: Still stuck but I found this:
International Shipping

About Customs, Duties & Taxes
When ordering from Newegg, you're responsible for assuring the product can be lawfully imported to the destination country.

The recipient is the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country. Orders shipped outside of the United States may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees levied by the destination country. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to such import taxes, customs duties and fees, which are levied once a shipment reaches the recipient's country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be fulfilled by the recipient; Newegg has no control over these charges, nor can Newegg predict what they may be.

Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for more information. When customs clearance procedures are required, it can cause delays beyond our original delivery estimates.

Note:

• Customs offices in some countries require the importer of record to provide a particular form of identification before releasing a shipment. You may be required to provide an identification number such as a Unique Identification Number, CPF, or Tax ID.

• Countries that require an identification number include: Brazil, Chile, China, Ecuador, India, Israel, South Africa, South Korea, and Turkey.
About Estimated VAT/GST & Duty
Newegg offers customers customs duties, taxes and fees ("VAT/GST & Duty") estimation during checkout and customs clearance on your behalf for certain eligible countries.

When Newegg products are shipped to eligible countries, an estimate of the estimated VAT/GST & Duty will be levied on the items in your order for shipment to countries outside of the U.S. With your authorization, these funds are used by the carrier or another agent to pay the Import Fees on your behalf (or the recipient's behalf) to the appropriate authorities of the destination country. The payment of import fees is the responsibility of the importer and is levied based on the laws of the country into which the products are being shipped.

The Estimated VAT/GST & Duty is an estimation of the taxes and duties that may apply and isn't an actual calculation. Customs regulations and tax rates applicable to certain goods may change between the date the taxes and duties were estimated and the applicable taxes and duties on the date of import into the destination country. The duty or tax rate is often determined by the classification of a good, which varies by country and region.

Duties and taxes are calculated based on the market value (actual price before any promotions) of the product and not the price after Newegg promotions. This allows destination country customs authorities to obtain the accurate import duties and taxes owed to them based on the actual value of the goods.

You won't be charged additional fees if the actual Import Fees exceed the VAT/GST & Duty we estimated.

Note:

• The cost to ship items from each product category to international destinations varies by item, shipment, and shipping option.

• The above terms also apply to the shipment of any replacement product that might be shipped if there's a problem with the original shipment. If you return a product to us, you'll be the exporter from the original shipping destination and will be responsible for compliance with all export laws of that country

UPDATE
As the newegg agent said
I see that the estimated duty would be ₹ 50,229.
Would defeat the entire purpose of importing it. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Top Bottom