need a gaming lappy

vsmasmin

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

65k inr max

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

15inch or more

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

a. Like: dell, sony
b. Dislike: Lenovo

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Gaming-Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, Crysis 2
programming, web dev, hd movies

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?

1366*768, i prefer glossy (doesn't matter much to me)

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
i'd prefer local purchase instead of ol...

Also, at a local dealer i'm getting a dell xps 15 with core i5 2nd gen, 6gb ram, 650gb hdd, 2gb graphics at 58000 inr......is it worth it...??..and is it sufficient for my needs..???

aroraanant

Explorer
I suggest you to wait and let other brands come with IVB processor based laptops.
They will be there in few weeks

n64freak

Broken In
So far, I'd say there are few options for you. The HP Dv6 6165 is a good buy, if you manage to find it somewhere. The newer Dv6 doesn't have that great a GPU, while the Inspiron 15 special edition ships with quite a mean GPU. But the best bet for a gaming laptop will be the Dell Inspiron 17" special edition. Wait two days, they will come out with the FHD option, and after buying, you can slot in another RAM for around 1.5k. That should set you up with quite a machine, as the chip is rated as one of the best in it's class. But Dell delivers in only three weeks, so if you want to wait for it, go. It's also got a good sound system, and Dell has good service, from my experience.

Top Bottom