Need a Freeware DVD player

Status
Not open for further replies.

anniyan

Texan
Hi guys,
I am in a desperate need of a freeware DVD player which should be capable of playing DVD content froma folder.Any ideas?thanks in advance.

On Windows, VLC player is the one i use for most of my video files. It can play DVDs from both a folder and from Discs, has subtitle support and aspect ratio and cropping support. On Linux, mplayer is the best bet.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
get VLC Player if you are in Windows. If on Linux then get mplayer.

jamifahad

Broken In
Get ace mega codec pack. It has media player classic which plays almost everything on this planet.With subtitles load support,it is the best player.

VLC Media Player for BeOS, Microsoft's forgot the name OSes, Apple Mac OSX Leopard/Tiger, Linux 2.4 upward kernel based OSes, BSD based OSes, Solaris, Sharp Zaurus, PDA Linux, etc.

MPlayer for all use not involving Menus, whose support it lacks. In win32, *nixes.

Xine for *NIXes. Its the world's best media player platform, and has really awssome features.

Media Player Classic is a good solution for Windows DVD Playback. Just ensure that you download the Home Theter PC Mod for MPC by celtic_druid.

viswanadh

Broken In
My vote also goes to GOM. It's the best player with automatic missing codec detection & installation and supports all popular formats. VLC is not a bad choice either :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom