Need a decent video editing and 3D modelling PC for Rs 1.5L

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Buy Online Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI Intel Motherboard lowest price in india at www.theitdepot.com
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC: MSI Takes On The Sub 200 Dollar Z390 Market - Bjorn3D.com

Better than MSI in all aspects if you really want to spend extra on mobo(which frankly speaking is unnecessary,you would be better off spending extra money on cpu cooler which will really help).

P.S.gigabyte & asus after sales support is also better than msi if you think it matters.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I find H or Z series board better for video editing than a B series board.
Price difference isn't much between B and H, why leave the extra features you can get from H. Since he has good enough budget for a good board, why not a Z series.
With those two changes, bottom number increases by ~9k
What exact advantages/extra features are you talking about then which will specifically help in usages mentioned here? I am under the impression that for usages here all one need is a mobo with good VRMs & power design that can handle boost clocks of i7 8700 for long duration & a good cpu cooler to prevent thermal throttling while under such conditions. That gigabyte B360 mobo satisfies the 1st criterion & for 2nd criterion I already suggested spending money on a good cpu cooler.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^Yes. OP did mention if the budget is good enough for the usage then focus on cost cutting. Getting a Z390 with a non K series processor is waste of money on the motherboard. B360 suggested by whitestar does have lots of features unlike other B360 boards and has high quality VRMs. Also I would suggest getting a 2060 instead of 1660ti with that powerful CPU chip.

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
What exact advantages/extra features are you talking about then which will specifically help in usages mentioned here? I am under the impression that for usages here all one need is a mobo with good VRMs & power design that can handle boost clocks of i7 8700 for long duration & a good cpu cooler to prevent thermal throttling while under such conditions. That gigabyte B360 mobo satisfies the 1st criterion & for 2nd criterion I already suggested spending money on a good cpu cooler.
^Yes. OP did mention if the budget is good enough for the usage then focus on cost cutting. Getting a Z390 with a non K series processor is waste of money on the motherboard. B360 suggested by whitestar does have lots of features unlike other B360 boards and has high quality VRMs. Also I would suggest getting a 2060 instead of 1660ti with that powerful CPU chip.
More I/O lanes, more M.2 slots which I highly expect he could use it in future, more PCIe, better quality VRMs, RAID and not to mention he can run memory @ higher frequency. Even if he thinks 6k premium for the mentioned Z board he could still get a decent Z board for about 14k. The suggested B360 board cost over 11k. I don't know how much price difference you guys are seeing online. It's not much and more over he has good enough budget to get something better. It's not like he already overshot his budget with other components and the things he get for the premium is worth, I believe.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
More I/O lanes, more M.2 slots which I highly expect he could use it in future, more PCIe, better quality VRMs, RAID
Better quality VRMs not much use for i7 8700 as even B360 mobo I suggested has VRMs that can handle it(aka it doesn't matter practically if VRM on B360 runs at say 55C & VRM at Z370 runs at say 50C).
As for more lanes/m2 slots/pci slots,yes having more of them can be useful in future but that depends on person(e.g.there are many who won't even be able to use all pcie slots on their lower end mobos while there are some who runs dedicated cards for everything ranging from sound to lan).

As per Z370 mobo tier list on reddit:
*www.overclock.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=99753
This seems to be the best VFM option: Buy Asrock FATAL1TY Z370 GAMING K6 at Best Price in India www.mdcomputers.in
But @Vyom's friend seems to prefer getting mobo offline at nehru place(asrock mobos availability very poor,only low end ones available) & hence did not mention this option & other good options based on above tier list cost more so suggested B360 mobo.

Minion

Conversation Architect
So that means, a CPU is more important than getting fastest GFX. Keeping that in mind, I made following config (prices from Primeabgb, might change in Nehru Place):

CPU: Intel Core I7-8700K 3.70 GHz = Rs 41,500
Mobo: GIGABYTE B360 AORUS Gaming 3 WIFI Motherboard = Rs 11520
GFX: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GT OCV2 = Rs 24049
RAM: Corsair 8GB DDR4 CMK8GX4M1D3000C16 3000MHz = Rs 4450 x 2 = Rs 8900
SSD: ADATA XPG 512GB SX8200 Pro PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD = Rs 9400
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 2TB WD20EZRZ = Rs 4650
PSU: Corsair CX series CX650M 650W = Rs 6650 (increased this, since 550W seemed low).
Cabinet: Undecided (too many options). Need one that is large enough for future upgradation, spacious and probably modular too. Calculated Total assuming 10k for cabinet.
Total: Rs 1,06,669.

I can do probably following things in above config:
1. Downgrade CPU to 3.2 GHz (Intel Core I7-8700 3.20 GHz): Rs 30,250
2. Upgrade GPU to 1070 (ZOTAC GTX 1070 Mini 8GB): Rs 37454

Above change would also make the total around, Rs 1,18,824.

How does it look?
Get a 256 GB SSD and with money saved opt for Zotac 2060
Are the NVIDIA RTX video cards good for video editing?

and opt for i7 8700 processor instead of 8700k and this will save you almost 11k

Top Bottom