Need a decent sounding PMP !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sountha

Broken In
Hi Guys,
Please suggest a dcen sounding PMP. IO have zeroed in on COWON D2, ipod Classic, Creative Zen. I need good SQ with decent value for money. Too much to ask I guess!!

I already have a Senn HD 201 for in-home use. Please suggest anything better or similar for travel. Will the Creative EP630 do justice to the D2?

Waiting for your help... :)

moshel

Padawan
Cowon D2 is for abt 9k for 4gb version. while the creative zen is 8k for the 8gb version.

i myself got a creative zen 8gb just a few days back and m quite happy with it. the SQ is very good, compared to Ipod Shuffle and Ipod 3G, both of which i have heard with the same earphones (Crossroads Mylarone SVi).

Creative Zen 4gb:
Pros: 2.5" screen, expandable memory, rich video performance
cons: expandable memory almost useless as library doesn't integrate with internal memory. also some functions not available for files which are on expandable memory.

Cowon D2:
Pros: 2.5" screen, expandable memory, files on mem card integrate in the library, good video performance, best sound quality in the market (atleast better than the others mentioned here).
Cons: EXPENSIVE!!!!
havent heard D2 though, that is just after reading reviews.

may i suggest u one more player....
Sansa fuze 4gb:
pros: files on memory card integrate with the library, good sound quality, future firmware upgrades possible to add more functionality (just 2 weeks back, the new firmware enabled the fuze to play FLAC and Ogg files)
cons: small 1.9" screen, average video performance.
havent heard this one too, but people like the sound quality on this one.

and im not even gonna start talking abt ep630, way too many fans over here, just head over to headfi.org and ask people there abt the ep630 and they will give u the answers.

Why dont you look for older 1st Generation iPOD Touch.

I got the 8GB versions from Pallika Bazaar,Connaught Place,New Delhi for Rs12,000 last year in November.

Or if u r lucky u may get older iPOD Nano(3rd Gen) with 2.5" LCD for about Rs6,500(all Pallika Bazaar prices)

Best thing about Delhi is that the Grey Market OWNS!!! Gadgets and Gizmoz at unbelieavble price (PS2 is now Rs4,900)

OP
S

sountha

Broken In
Thanks mike, but, buying the older version of ipdod touch and that too from Palika bazaar... well, i am not sure of the authenticity of the device first, and second, I am nt sure whether buying D2 will make sense or the older touch :confused:

As far as sound qlty and video perfomance is concerned , please lemme knw the better buy...

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Get the iPod Touch. The sound quality is good enough and video playback is excellent. Plus it has an absolutely wonderful design and interface. It also useful apps like wi-fi, web browser, mail, etc. and you can download apps and games via the App Store. It is certainly the best media player out there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom