Need a colored printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a colored printer. Inkjet or laser IDK, my budget is around 7-8k. It will be used to print photos taken from mobile etc. Probably 20-40 prints per month. The printer should be vfm per page. How much do the refilling cost for the Inkjet and the Laser one? Should I go for the wi-fi, bluetooth models or the simple one which connects to a pc via usb?

Thanks

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You won't get a color laser printer in this budget.For photo printing & cartridge usage you have to ask somebody using it.Some members here should be able to give you input regarding their experience.I read reviews on amazon & it seems that setting up wifi printer is not so simple & even then it may not work with some router models so your best bet is to print from PC to avoid any hassles.Laser printers are good when printing quantity is high but for moderate/home usage inkjet printers are better.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
You won't get a color laser printer in this budget.For photo printing & cartridge usage you have to ask somebody using it.Some members here should be able to give you input regarding their experience.I read reviews on amazon & it seems that setting up wifi printer is not so simple & even then it may not work with some router models so your best bet is to print from PC to avoid any hassles.Laser printers are good when printing quantity is high but for moderate/home usage inkjet printers are better.
Thanks. Is it true that if inkejt printer is not used for 2 weeks, the ink might dry up?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was an issue with older printers(say 10 years old) but not sure how latest printers are affected.I think it should not be an issue or you can print a test page once a week.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Budget increased to 14k brother, any suggestions? I will check the model online and compare the prices offline.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Best Printers in India for September 2017 | Digit.in

Colour laser printer not possible in this budget & a good colour laser printer will cost much than it is worth it for an average home user.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Best Printers in India for September 2017 | Digit.in

Colour laser printer not possible in this budget & a good colour laser printer will cost much than it is worth it for an average home user.

I am fine with the inkjet one as long as it is worth the money. From the link that you have posted which one should I select? YouTube reviews are giving each one of them good ratings. I am confused. I am not able to find an user of a colored printer whom I can ask these questions. There are printers starting from 2200/- online which people have rated good.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which brand has the best after sales support in your area?Check the local shops of brands & ask them how much time it would take for warranty related issues.If money is not an issue then I think spending at least 4-5k on a MFD inkjet is alright.

*www.amazon.in/HP-DeskJet-4535-Wireless-Printer/dp/B01BMKK0YW
The above has good reviews & as per comments setting up of wifi printing is also easy.

*www.amazon.in/HP-DeskJet-Advantage-3635-Printer/dp/B013FV2GUC
If you can sacrifice wifi,automatic 2 side printing,touch screen display etc then above also seems like a good option.

For casual home usage even a Rs.2200 printer is good enough.However if your usage demands more quality/quantity then you have to spend more than 2200 on a printer.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Which brand has the best after sales support in your area?Check the local shops of brands & ask them how much time it would take for warranty related issues.If money is not an issue then I think spending at least 4-5k on a MFD inkjet is alright.

*www.amazon.in/HP-DeskJet-4535-Wireless-Printer/dp/B01BMKK0YW
The above has good reviews & as per comments setting up of wifi printing is also easy.

*www.amazon.in/HP-DeskJet-Advantage-3635-Printer/dp/B013FV2GUC
If you can sacrifice wifi,automatic 2 side printing,touch screen display etc then above also seems like a good option.

For casual home usage even a Rs.2200 printer is good enough.However if your usage demands more quality/quantity then you have to spend more than 2200 on a printer.

After reading reviews I don't really want a printer with wifi, touch screen and all that stuff just a simple coloured printer. I don't even need the scanner, fax thing. But I guess atleast the scanner is there in every coloured printer. I like the second printer that you have posted above. I was looking for its refill and stuff and I found that every coloured printer has different types of cartridges depending upon the model. Moreover the ink might dry up-
Amazon.in: Customer Questions & Answers
These deals are so tempting-
*www.amazon.in/Canon-Pixma-MG2577s-...07223425&sr=1-1&keywords=canon+colour+printer
*www.amazon.in/Canon-E560-Colour-Mu...07223425&sr=1-2&keywords=canon+colour+printer
*www.amazon.in/Canon-Pixma-G2000-In...07223425&sr=1-6&keywords=canon+colour+printer
*www.amazon.in/Canon-MG2570S-Colour...07223425&sr=1-5&keywords=canon+colour+printer
*www.amazon.in/HP-DeskJet-2131-All-...23205&sr=1-2-fkmr0&keywords=hp+deskjet+gt5811
*www.amazon.in/HP-DeskJet-Advantage...23205&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=hp+deskjet+gt5811
*www.amazon.in/HP-DeskJet-Advantage...23205&sr=1-4-fkmr0&keywords=hp+deskjet+gt5811

The printer will be used to print say 10-20 prints at once in a month at once. So, I think that the ink might dry up at one point or the other.
Do we need both black and coloured cartridge for the inkjet printer? If yes then what is the minimum cost for both of them? Can use some cheap "desi" ink like we use for laser black and white printer which refills for around Rs. 250+GST if there is a cheaper alternative then I think I will opt for the inkjet one.

How much is the ink filling cost of the laser one's? I might have to increase the budget
*www.amazon.in/Canon-ImageCLASS-LBP...0597031,p_n_feature_two_browse-bin:1464458031
HP LaserJet Pro CP1025 Single Function Printer - HP : Flipkart.com

BTW this is the printer from which all of my college project's prints were taken
*www.amazon.in/Epson-L361-Multifunc...two_browse-bin:1464458031,p_89:HP|Canon|Epson
The guy used to charge Rs. 5 for a print lol. Good old days.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Laser printer require a toner cartridge(much bigger in length/dimension than inkjet cartridge) but it can be refilled,original costs around 3-4k but it can print thousands of pages.

*www.amazon.in/HP-LaserJet-CP1025-Colour-Printer/dp/B008NLRTHA
See the 2nd question about cost of colour printing & this comment Customer Review

I suggest you to take a cheap inkjet printer & don't worry too much about ink drying up & just print a test page once a week.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Laser printer require a toner cartridge(much bigger in length/dimension than inkjet cartridge) but it can be refilled,original costs around 3-4k but it can print thousands of pages.

*www.amazon.in/HP-LaserJet-CP1025-Colour-Printer/dp/B008NLRTHA
See the 2nd question about cost of colour printing & this comment Customer Review

I suggest you to take a cheap inkjet printer & don't worry too much about ink drying up & just print a test page once a week.

Man around 4000 bucks for refilling is insane. If one is printing hi-res photos then I don't think that it will last a thousand pages. I am really confused. Increased my budget to 20k but still don't know which one to purchase. I won't be using it and printing a test page may or may not happen so IDK. Anyways out of the inkjet one's I have posted above, please recommend a simple one along with the cartridge as people have commented that these companies don't give a full cartridge with the printers.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Get HP 3635 in above post#8 but see this comment before that: Customer Review
Brother that link is showing up the product page and not the comment. What is the difference between this specific model and the others? I wish it came in black color. Any idea about the cartridge cost and could it be refilled?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brother that link is showing up the product page and not the comment. What is the difference between this specific model and the others? I wish it came in black color. Any idea about the cartridge cost and could it be refilled?
The link is opening correctly for me in firefox.
Printer is very good....
Printing quality is superb...'' But printing cost is very high..because one ink cartridge price is 575rs ..we can print 200pages in black ink and print 40pages in colour ink...so ink is exhaust very soon...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not sure where the 40 pages figure came from(is it 200black+40colour or only 40colour pages?). In any case you won't get a better option in inkjet printers from HP(based on my experience with cheap 3k HP inkjet models).

icebags

Technomancer
How to identify an advantage type printer?

you search. epson also has some economic solution with ink tank i guess.

Ink Advantage - Buy Products Online at Best Price in India - All Categories | Flipkart.com

you can get 400-500 pages from a cartridge.

Last edited:
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I am not sure where the 40 pages figure came from(is it 200black+40colour or only 40colour pages?). In any case you won't get a better option in inkjet printers from HP(based on my experience with cheap 3k HP inkjet models).
40 color only. Many people mentioned in the comments that if we are printing photos then it hardly gives 20-40 pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom