Need a cheap WiFi router+modem 1k

flyingcow

Shibe
Hey guys I need a cheap WiFi router urgently...
Range isn't important (10 ft works too)
Must be really cheap
Will use it for a year
Modem required too
Cost should be around 1k
Main requirement is it being cheap
Thnx

Cheap

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
tp-link-tl-wr740n
tp-link-td-8817
you will not get a new adsl modem cheaper than td-8817 & it is quite good too.Not much point in saving Rs.200 to get an inferior wifi product.

sushovan

In the zone
tp-link-tl-wr740n
tp-link-td-8817
you will not get a new adsl modem cheaper than td-8817 & it is quite good too.Not much point in saving Rs.200 to get an inferior wifi product.

Will that TD-8817 work as a router only for cable braodband? I had a WR740N earlier for my cable broadband for nearly 10 months but it got damaged so looking for a replacement model.

OP
flyingcow

flyingcow

Shibe
I need a modem too.. So should I go with 8817?...also does 740n have a port for the telephone wire thingy? Assuming that it means modem?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought it was some grammatical mistake.:) anyway i would rather recommend getting tp-link-td-w8961nd but considering op's budget there is not much choice.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
I need a modem too.. So should I go with 8817?...also does 740n have a port for the telephone wire thingy? Assuming that it means modem?

740n is only a router. You need a modem to connect to telephone. I'm using 740n with 8817 modem. But recently the 740n has started showing problems and need to switch off and on again to work.

OP
flyingcow

flyingcow

Shibe
Is the Asus router the cheapest?... I already have a w8968.. So should I go with Asus? I have a BSNL connection

OP
flyingcow

flyingcow

Shibe
Guys BTW can I use a BSNL modem + a cheap router+WiFi? As birju is doing? Because I have a black BSNL modem already... With no WiFi

Gollum

Collector
Guys BTW can I use a BSNL modem + a cheap router+WiFi? As birju is doing? Because I have a black BSNL modem already... With no WiFi

Then all you need is a regular AP
like the one below
TP-Link TL-WR740N Wireless Router - Buy TP-Link TL-WR740N Wireless Router Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

Just connect the RJ45 cale to the Blue port and start using wifi
*ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51BZaEO9eVL._SL1280_.jpg

Top Bottom