Need a branded PC. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Hi guys, I am back with another query. This time I need your valuable suggestions to help me choosing a branded PC. This one is for my aunt. She will be using this one to learn the basics of Internet, Office package and entertainment purpose. This is the first time she is going to use a PC, so I decided to go for a branded solution. For any kind of basic troubleshooting, a h/w engg. will charge her at least rs.750 and this is where the on site warranty of a branded pc will come in handy for her. She has a budget of 30,000. And along with the usual config. she needs a Printer and UPS too.

I have gone through a few config from Compaq, Lenovo, HCL, LG and Dell. My choice of config is something like this : e5200 + g31 + 2gb ddr2 ram + 320 gb hd + onsite warranty. A config like this is likely to cost around 22-23K.

>Is this config good enough? If you have a better config, please inform, and
>What about the printer? I have no idea about printers.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^how about a mac mini?

Dell Inspiron Desktop 535s with slim cabinet and following config should be available for some 35k:

E7500
Windows Vista(R) Home Premium 32 bit
S2209WFP 21.5 " Full HD
3GB RAM
320GB HDD
dvdburner

If you opt for 19" display and Vista Home Basic, you will get it for some 28k (after adding taxes etc)
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
also check Lenovo C series PC-in-a-monitor style desktops with ATOM processor based config which costs around 32k.
Posted again:
Processor Intel ATOM Processor 330 ( 1.60GHz 533MHz 1MB )
Operating system Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic
System graphics ATI HD 4530 M92-M+
Total memory 2 GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz
Display type 20.0 " All In One FHD with integrated camera 1.3M 1600x900
Hard drive device 320GB 7200
Network card LAN
Optical device DVD Recordable
Form Factor All In One
Warranty One year parts and labour

Last edited:
OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Thanks a lot Bond. Dell inspiron 535S with e5200 is available for 24K and if I opt for this one, I will be able to buy both printer and ups within 30K.

The lenovo c series has great looks but lacks a good processor and in this price range I cat get a lot better processor.

Please tell me about the after sales service provided by dell.

and also please suggest me a printer within 2.5-3K.

Thanks

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Is there any brand offering AMD based solutions? The best I could find was a HCL one with sempron processor. Why dont they sell AMD based systems when they offer best price/performance ratio?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom