Need a 3G enabled mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Ok guys, My father is planning to get a new mobile. The budget is arnd 12-15k. The main features requires are 3G, GPRS,Bluetooth and Business Features like e-mailing and all. Another thing, the bigger the LCD screen, the better. Camera is not a necessity..rather the one without is preferred. Can u guys plz list some phones compatible with these demands.
I tries searching Nokia and sony-Ericcson site. I found the 66X0(I forgot whats X) to be compatible to his demands....but i was not much impressed. On the S-E site...i found the K-Series phones to be suitable...they also had sleek looks...but i dunno whether they support 3G and all.
Interested brands---Nokia,motorola,sony-ericsson,siemens(not in LG,samsung and all)
Any help is deeply appreciated :)

prankie

D PrankMaster
Why he needs a 3G phone????
No one is providing 3G service in india....
anyways u can go for N6630 first 3G fone frm nokia, will cost 11200
none of SE phones available in india support 3G..
and other 3G phones frm nokia will be out of ur budget..

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Maybe he wants to be futureproof or use it outside INDIA where the service is available. Go and get a N6630, great mobile with excellent feature and performance. Price 11-11.5K.

OP
MysticHalo

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Its not he(my father) who wants 3G, its me :D . Actually, i had recently read an article abt the features of 3G and the amazing connectivity it offers, so i decided that my father should have a 3G phone...but i never knew that no one india provided this service :p
anyways, these are the phones i shortlisted aftyer my search through the sites--:
S-E K600i or K608i
==AND==
Nokia 6630 or 6670

Luckily , all offer 3G connectivity. :lol
Can u guys plz tell me the prices of these few phones...and which one will has the best features. Currently, i feel 600i is damn good, but i have no idea of its price :(

EDIT: Couldnt find much on Moto and Siemens sites...any good phones from them?

Last edited:

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
dude..6670 doesnt support 3G
close and eyes and go for 6630 very good buy...if u have more money..go for 6680....

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
gdatuk said:
dude..6670 doesnt support 3G
close and eyes and go for 6630 very good buy...if u have more money..go for 6680....

i think u need to check out again

and i am wid prankie 3g is useless

and still if u wanna buy a cheap 3g wid everything

go for the brand "NEC" its a brand from uk and its fones are dirt cheap in india

OP
MysticHalo

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
montsa007 said:
and still if u wanna buy a cheap 3g wid everything

go for the brand "NEC" its a brand from uk and its fones are dirt cheap in india
NEC---that Japanese computer manufacturer? or some other?
Anyways, whats the price of K600i and K 608i in India?

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
600i instead opt for n70 or 6630 sony will have software probs
i mean u cant add anything except java stuff

OP
MysticHalo

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
But does N70 support 3G?
I dont think there should be much problem with this thing--SE not having software s'port...any1 else gotta say something?

prankie

D PrankMaster
Yup,
N70 does support 3G... and regarding SE phones, u'll surely face sw problems, coz java sw are not all that powerful and u'll not be able to run any symbian sw on it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom