jatinfartyal

Right off the assembly line
I've got Micromax CanvasHD 116, which comes in handy for navigation when I go out of station. The problem starts when there is no sufficient network coverage,the phone can't even properly locate my position. I've seen the likes of Samsung GalaxySII to be able to navigate in offline mode also.
I was hoping if someone could help me by suggest suggesting a phone with offline navigation capability , or at least what feature makes a phone to be able to navigate in offline mode.
Thanks.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Recently a new offline maps have been released for Android. Which is as good as Here maps of Windows phones, if claims are to be believed.

NaviMaps: *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mmi.navimaps

rish1

Cyborg Agent
that is the problem with mediatek gps

try this and this should solve your problem ;)

How to fix poor GPS on Mediatek phones - Gizchina.com | Gizchina.com

Minion

Conversation Architect
Recently a new offline maps have been released for Android. Which is as good as Here maps of Windows phones, if claims are to be believed.

Will try for sure.

Deadman

Journeyman
2 days back i was going to pune via mumbai and google map showed some odd routes to the highway. Caught two times by the police for signal break. Had to pay rs 100 fine and they told me proper route.
It worked well in North side but if you are in Mumbai better to ask the police then relying on maps.

Last edited:

ankush28

Bazinga
2 days back i was going to pune via mumbai and google map showed some odd routes to the highway. Caught two times by the police for signal break. Had to pay rs 100 fine and they told me proper route.
It worked well in North side but if you are in Mumbai better to ask the police then relying on maps.

how Google maps is responsible for this? :twisted:

- - - Updated - - -

Use Sygic maps that works without Internet.

HUGE data download. Plus it isnt free in India(Yes its annoying that they only charge to indians)

- - - Updated - - -

:+1: +1. Its by MapMyIndia

Minion

Conversation Architect
How is Navi Maps somebody used it?Till now i am using sygic but they are not updating maps.

Top Bottom