NAT/Firewall Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
I am using skype and azeurus in SABAYON and I found out that I was firewalled and and hence I was getting very poor speeds and also getting relayed during file transfer in skype.

I'm on Airtel Post-paid connection using Mobile-Office and probably behind an Airtel router. In such a case, how do I bypass the firewall ?

I don't have any firewalls running on my system. Still azeurus displays my system as being firewalled.

I didn't face any such problem in Windows. I'd be glad if anyone could provide a way through this.

eddie

El mooooo
Just call Airtel and ask them what is their policy regarding closed ports. You are paying good money for a connection and using it to the full is your right. I had a similar problem with Sify and those guys did help in this matter.

OP
kaustav_geek

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Thanks guys.
@QwertyManiac

What if I'm firewalled from the Airtel Router ? In such a case, firestarter won't help me much.

@eddie

But, I didn't face any such problem in Windows. I used skype without any hassles and was never relayed.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I said that only cause you said Windows was going fine, so there's some chance its not Airtel's router that's the cause and just a port issue perhaps.

OP
kaustav_geek

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
I said that only cause you said Windows was going fine, so there's some chance its not Airtel's router that's the cause and just a port issue perhaps.

True Indeed. Thanks again.

@QwertyManiac

It worked!! Thanks!!

Last edited:

amargupta

Right off the assembly line
i am also facing same problem. can anybody have any solution. kaustav did you got any solution then do help me out.

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
well, try this

install ktorrent. then, activate the upnp plugin. then, forward all the ports that it lists. then, open azureus and close ktorrent. then try to download. this actually works for me as i am also using airtel. in fact, it is better to use ktorrent instead of azureus on airtel, because azureus is not able to forward the ports properly on airtel (at least, that's what i found). i get speeds of 30-35 on my 256 kbps plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom