N82 Black - Hav a few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
i'm thinking of buying the N82 Black.just cudnt resist myself from buying this beauty.just hav a few qs:
1>Does the firmware V20 support WMV9 playback?atleast the Nokia site claims that the video player supports WMV.

2>Does the phone hav any software probs?had faced a whole lot of probs with my N95 8GB.

3>sud i get a N78 whihc has OS9.3 FP2?other than the cam will it be a better fone that N82?

4>any chance that N96 will be available by July?

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
ok.so is it wise to go for the N82 or N96?

consideroing that the N96 has only DVB-H and 16GB inbuilt as xtras but looses out on the xenon flash.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
ok.so is it wise to go for the N82 or N96?

consideroing that the N96 has only DVB-H and 16GB inbuilt as xtras but looses out on the xenon flash.

if u want
big memory,big screen go 4 N96 :D

if u want awesome pic quality go 4 N82 Black :D

Btw the price of N96 will be higher than N95 8GB

But do remember 2 take a look @ user reviews on N96
coz u have mentioned ur experience with N95 8GB :rolleyes:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
n82 is very much like n95 8gb u have used ..same hardware .. i am using it from december without any issues .. n78 is not based on same platform as n82 ..it has single proci with no graphics accelerator and even less ram ..etc..

and even n96 is not based on same platform as n95 8gb , n82 .. so graphics acceleration is not there ..

check this site ..

*thenokiaguide.typepad.com/

showing difference between n95 8gb and n96..

among few things which are lacking in n96 are xenon flash , camera lens cover , fm transmitter ..

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
dude heard from mobile-review.com

that after the release of N96 AND N78 the company will use a better symbian version for the new releases of future phones if you can wait please wait as the new symbian version will be more powerfull and can be fully customized like full screen wallpaper animated themes and much more check out google for it

and N96 prices are touching skies n82 and n96 i think there will be a 10k difference

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
I'll guess that the n96's price will be horrible. It could cost quite a lot, buy the n82, gr8 fone...
Go for it!

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ yup thats true.it uses a 950mAH battery.

@ krates that new Symbian platform is slated to be released by October i.e. 4 months from now and i plan to use the N82 for not more than that.and bout the price diff bet N82 & N96 doesnt concern me.i can spend bout 32k.

wat bout my other queries bout WMV support and whether i sud go for N78 cuz it has a newer platform.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^dont go for n78..i suggest u go for the G900..if you want to that is..on the new UIQ 3 platform and a 5 mp cam..awesum music..psp style media player...

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
cam is not as good as the n82/k850 but its quite good..

Check here

its available outside india...will be available in a week i guess..price about 19k..

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ then i think i shall get a N82.shall be getting EDGE & GPS xtra.:)
and u very well know that no S60 fone is worth its salt after bout 5-6 months of use.their performance su.
i think Nokia has gone completely nutts.reading everywhere in the net that N96 doesnt come with HW video acceleration and also it has dual cpu of 208MHz each (to reduce battery consumption).i mean if this tru WTF man u r bloody reducing specs of ur flagship fone?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Yea thats rite...but then you have to carry on with that horrible keypad...U already have the viewty for edge na??Try sumthin diff then..
and you also gain a touchscreen..and you can buy the HGE-100 gps+3.5 mm adapter to go with it...

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
for touch screen i also hav a Samsung SGH-i710.its a 2.8" WM5 based touch screen fone.and it also has EDGE...and as far as the Viewty is concerned, my cousin is using that fone now.i dont like it that much.

vilas_patil

Journeyman
@hellgate I am using Nokia N82 Black since couple of weeks now. It's a good phone with good speed even though it's a symbian one. As of now, I haven't accrued any sort of problem with the device. It's a perfect bundle of advanced features in todays date.

Keypad is considered to be inconvenient, however it's not as bad as its been discussed over here again and again, when you practically use it for couple of days, you will find ease of use.

If you are passionate for clicking pictures/Videos, then seriously you should go for this one.

Last edited:

vilas_patil

Journeyman
@hellgate I just installed one wmv file and tried to paly , but I could not play it. I think it does not support this format.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
^^ dude this format is supported

The N82 supports MP3, AAC, and WMA music files, including support for copy-protected WMA files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom