My system clock is slowing down HELP...

Status
Not open for further replies.

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
I am in a big problem.. Plz help.. My system clock is slowing down continuously. What can be the problem?? Well, when I reset it to what the time is and as long as the computer runs the time does not slow down or anything.. But on shutting the PC, when I start it the next day or something it makes a progress of only a few hours when a whole day has passed..
Plz tell me what to do?? If its battery problem or not?? What should I do now?? :cry:

bit

Banned
If battery fails you will also see that all bios settings are reverted to defaults and clock reset to some specific date such as jan 1, 2000 or something else.

but how drastically is your clock is slowing down per day ?

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
hey change your motherboard battery and plz only buy original branded battery ...it will be good for you and your pc...then when you have installed the battery go to the bios and chane the date and time and them press f10

godsownman

Padawan
Yes it battery only . Pretty easy to remove on your own. It appears on the Motherboard itself.

Be gentle while doing it.

Regards

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Well, could you suggest me a few companies which are good for batteries..
And what would be the cost for it?? BTW plz suggest me the correct way to install the battery too.. How do you remove it and how to install the new one??

bit

Banned
And what would be the cost for it??
Around 20 rupees.
BTW plz suggest me the correct way to install the battery too.. How do you remove it and how to install the new one??
1. Just open the cabinet and search for battery it will look like 1 rupee coin
2. MotherBoard Manual will definitely have pointer to it.

*images.google.co.in/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&q=motherboard+battery&btnG=Search

janitha

Wise Old Owl
//siddhartha// said:
Well, could you suggest me a few companies which are good for batteries..
And what would be the cost for it?? BTW plz suggest me the correct way to install the battery too.. How do you remove it and how to install the new one??
Any well known company like Maxell.

Only make sure you dont use any metallic object to remove or insert it and try to avoid finger stains on it.

V.Prem Kumar

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Can't I use a screw driver?? Also, what after putting the new battery??? Do I need to configure anything before or after putting the battery, BIOS or something, etc...???

::cyborg::

In the zone
no dear no configuring just change ur battery and there is option set bios defaults that is all and oh also set ur time it is the first option

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Yes just replace the battery with an original one.
And adjust the time and c if the problem persists or not.

Try sevising ur motherboard.. me too had this prob.. i tried changing the battery ,but it didnt help and then i had to spent around 400 bucks to get the motherboard serviced..

Maneel said:
I am also having this problem. I changed the CMOS battery but nothing seems to work.

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
But when should I set the time??? After I have put the CMOS battery, then should I start my computer and then to the BIOS or something else??

slugger

Banned
//siddhartha// said:
But when should I set the time??? After I have put the CMOS battery, then should I start my computer and then to the BIOS or something else??
ya dats exactly wat u shud do. on restarting the computer after d battery replacemennt, enter bios and set d correct time. it will automatically be adjusted in ur os 2.

godsownman

Padawan
//siddhartha// said:

Replacing the battery is extremely simple. just look carefull and try to remove the clamp thats holding it down.

once done insert the new battery, close the case and start it .

Also , you can set the time in the OS too and it will automatically get changed in the CMOS.

Bottomline,

:!: Dont use metallic things or you will fry the circuit, incase your using see that you have removed it before powering the PC and avoid touching it to the motherboard.

:!: Maxell Batteries are extremely good and cost around Rs. 15- 20 as said by somebody.

:!: Use the same type of battery. Preferably open the case, look for the battery, note down the nos. on it and go to the shop by a similar one and then install it.

Hope for the best .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom