My Rig vs. Core 2 Extreme X6800

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Must be a mistake or is irrevelant.

Try running Oblivion at 1600X1200 MAX AA AF even with a CF system.

Try running the future games at similar settings.

Although I do agree that your CPU is good enough to be equiped with a 1900XT, by no means does it require CF systems nor can it make full use of the card just like the X6800 can.

In any synthetic or practical benchmark you will loose. Whether booting the operating system or installing it, whether opening 'My Computer' or multitasking. Whether audio or multimedia or graphics or games or anything. You loose by huge margins in everything. Even in gaming you do, but it may not always matter as much as for now your CPU if equipped with a better GPU(more RAM etc also) can survive most games just fine, but not like the X6800 for sure. Just measure the minimum fps.

Compare your Super Pi scores to X6800 scores.

1)Either you are ignorant.
2)Or you are proud that a irrelevant benchmark exists where your CPU beats the X6800, which is practically not possible, thus you are taking pleasure, anyway I too have amd 64 winchester 3200, which core do you have?

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well .. depends on the overall system a lot ... did u notice ur ram ?? those are doing awesome specially at the lower latency which matters like hell at high clocks ... thus ur pc is mem. efficient in every way .. but in actual test the X6800 will be ahead by miles ... specially try some encoding / decoding .. or some 3DMark CPU tests ... i mean .. look at the CPU Queen and later tests ...

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
what are we talking about here, i dont see his processor nowhere near X6800 in those benchies, it has lost badly in all benchmarks, so where is the conflict, everything is as it should be. what are u guys so astounded about.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
No one was ever astounded except the original poster. Except for the memory benchmarks, the Core 2 Duo won everything by a huge margin.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well .. mem. benchmarks are not Intel strong points ... even a 2800+ beat a 965XE in mem. tests .. specially latency tests ... but the pentiums do shine in SSE2/SSE3 tests ...

Kniwor

Learner
that's not procs kicking butts, but memory stick, so u got to give credit to our memory, and i've seen almost every tenth overclocked memory can get the top slot in everest, no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom