My pixel 2XL finally gave up after 4 years. Looking for a phone below 40/50k that would serve the same purpose.

Shreyasach

Right off the assembly line
I was really happy with my Pixel 2 XL which I had been using since the last 4 years and I was still using it but it's suddenly not switching on. I need a phone now that would give me the same performance, no lag even after long periods of usage and good battery life.

1. Budget?
Would want to keep this below 40 but can go upto 50 if the phone if that good

2. Display type and size?
Display shouldn't be too big.

3. Dual sim?
Nope

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Samsung, Google, One Plus - I hate the MI type UI

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?

A good camera is a big plus. The pixel gave me great pictures in the beginning but degraded over time.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc).
Android

7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi).
5G Dual band WiFi

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Basic Usage, Whatsapp, Youtube, Video Calls, office work and occasional photography

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
S20 FE is the only one I saw to be decent but I guess its old? Any other suggestions are welcome, I haven't done a lot of research.

10. Any other info that you want to share
Good battery backup!

S20 FE 5G is still a good phone which will get android 13, same as competitors like iQoo 7, etc.

Explain - display shouldn't be large? Your Pixel 2XL was not a compact phone by any standards. Modern compact phones have close to 6" display because bezels are smaller now. S20 FE 5G is a bit more compact than your Pixel 2XL while having a 6.5" display.

I feel S20 FE 5G is still having the best camera under 50k or so along with S21 FE. If you don't care about android OS updates, get S20 FE 5G. If you care about android updates, maybe consider S21 FE as that will get updates till android 16 apparently.

Check some reviews of Exynos S21 FE sold in India. For gaming, S21 FE is an easy no because of Exynos, but if Samsung has throttled it enough, it should be good enough.

For something smaller, get Asus 8z.

OP
S

Shreyasach

Right off the assembly line
Noted! Thank you. Yes sorry, I should have explained what I mean by the display size. I am okay with the 2XL display size and am not sure if bigger screens are in the market but I don't need anything bigger than that. Thanks for all your advice, I am swaying towards the S21 too. Had the pixel been available in India I would have definitely gone for it but alas.

I don't care much about android updates, do you think it will last me long. Like my pixel also stopped getting updates a while back but it works fantastic still! All apps! No lag ever.

Alsoooo, any thoughts on Samsung M52 or A52, the S21 FE would be better than these is it?
A52s 5G is good for 30k or so, will meet your requirements, so does M52 but M52 has a weaker camera relatively. Camera on S series is better than competition & A series as well.

A52s 5G will be updated till android 14, 1 extra over S20 FE 5G but S20 FE 5G is a better phone overall otherwise. Holi sales are coming up, might be able to get a better deal.

Top Bottom