My pc crashes frequently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyasram

The pWnster
Since i reinstalled everything after a virus attack, my pc has been acting strangely :shock: I restarts automatically without any warning and it also hard reboots sometimes .When i log into the internet the monitor shows grains of a different pattern each type and everything strucks and i have to hard reboot it again. This problem gets more severe when i install any antivirus suite .It also doesn't allow me to update anything. My system is a Hp havilion 8851 with P3 866,20gb hdd and 192 mb ram. I connect to internet using dial-up and i use winxp.
Please tell me what is the problem and how can i cure it :?: :?:

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
Format

if u have used repair function of WINDOWS, i think u must perform a full format and not a quick format. if u did format, then uninstall the device drivers and then re-install them. or try installling an antivirus in safe mode and then perform a full system scan in safe mode only. Also check for any unwanted processes and also check for any spywares. Think this should help.

babumuchhala

In the zone
First run an uptodate antivirus scan, and a spyware scan and reeistry mechanics to find all those criminals causing ur system to crash.

Use the PC for 2-3 days to see of everything is fine.

If not then do a Windows reinstall where u format ur HDD. Without which a reinstall is useless.

gamefreak14

Journeyman
Telltale signs of a RAM problem. First, goto your BIOS and set ur system to default factory settings. Run XP in safe mode and see if it reoccurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom