My Nexus 7 is dead new tablet suggestions required

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
If your nexus 7 goes dead due to battery being completely drained out, there is a good chance it won't start / charge even if you keep it on wall charger for 24 Hours. I have faced this.
In such cases, keep the nexus 7 connected to laptop / computer for an hour or so and then start the tablet, it would come back to life and then use wall charger to properly charge it.
May not be applicable for your scenario but mentioned just in case if someone faces issue in bring nexus 7 back to life after being shut off due to battery empty.
I never faced that. Battery has died totally many times but charges and starts from wall charger without problems.

However the battery connects with a 4 pin connector on a very short cable, so if it's dropped, the cable gets yanked as the battery jiggles about, and gets disconnected. I finally solved it by adding a paper wedge to make sure the battery doesn't move.

May be very specific to the piece I have, but no problems now when my son drops it :)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I face the same issue with my 720 and Nexus 5 when they are fully drained sometimes,no signs of life for atleast 20 mins then suddenly it starts up

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
On nexus 5 it was a very common thing. But there was a time when s3 got this problem and came to be known as sudden death issue with s3 later on fixed by sammy.

Top Bottom