My nexus 7 2012 got cracked today so suggest me a tab max 10k

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Oh thanks do you have any idea how much it will cost me to fix the cracked display

if you get it done locally i think approx - 9k
if you are adventurous and do it yourself i think it can be anywhere between 3-7k depending on parts needed
i just checked ebay and the prices are very varied- some as low as 3k and some as high as 15k but the 15k image and description matches that of other listings of 5-7k
maybe someone with more experience in this can answer for sure
i have a similiar situation myself with my laptops failing display and i have decided to wait for it to die completely then ill take the risk and replace the display myself instead of paying a bomb
i suggest you have a look at youtube videos on how to replace the screen

OP
U

ubergeek

Journeyman
if you get it done locally i think approx - 9k
if you are adventurous and do it yourself i think it can be anywhere between 3-7k depending on parts needed
i just checked ebay and the prices are very varied- some as low as 3k and some as high as 15k but the 15k image and description matches that of other listings of 5-7k
maybe someone with more experience in this can answer for sure
i have a similiar situation myself with my laptops failing display and i have decided to wait for it to die completely then ill take the risk and replace the display myself instead of paying a bomb
i suggest you have a look at youtube videos on how to replace the screen
Yikes that's a pretty penny let's see

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Lol.. broken screen costs 9k?!!?
That's the amound I paid to get Nexus 7 2012. :lol:

If it takes so much amount to fix the display, its just not worth it.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Lol.. broken screen costs 9k?!!?
That's the amound I paid to get Nexus 7 2012. :lol:

If it takes so much amount to fix the display, its just not worth it.

yeah basically its an inflated rate by local shopkeepers
its much cheaper to do a DIY repair-3-5k imho

- - - Updated - - -

Yikes that's a pretty penny let's see

yeah
if you are to go ahead with a new tablet instead then have a look at Nokia N1
very promising specs for the price and excellent hardware
as for ROM support,it runs stock android 5.0 by default and going by the no of roms for Nokia X etc,im expecting excellent rom support in future

OP
U

ubergeek

Journeyman
GOOD NEWS!!! GOT THE SCREEN REPLACED FOR 3.6K FROM RITCHIE STREET oddly enough this screen feels more responsive than my old nexus 7

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
GOOD NEWS!!! GOT THE SCREEN REPLACED FOR 3.6K FROM RITCHIE STREET oddly enough this screen feels more responsive than my old nexus 7

Congrats! :doublethumb:

More details please. So that other who might need to replace can refer too.

OP
U

ubergeek

Journeyman
Thanks but there are few issues though , my old tablet used to sleep when I close the flip cover after the screen change it doesn't also there is slight blue tint on the screen+ back light bleeds on the edge

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Automatic screen lock is based on a magnet sensor placed just below the screen.. I dont know if it comes attached to the screen or not but its a possibility the guys that repaired it might have taken it out...
You might want to do a little looking around the internet, maybe it comes attached to the screen itself or the new screen is imcompatible with the sensor.. IDK

OP
U

ubergeek

Journeyman
Automatic screen lock is based on a magnet sensor placed just below the screen.. I dont know if it comes attached to the screen or not but its a possibility the guys that repaired it might have taken it out...
You might want to do a little looking around the internet, maybe it comes attached to the screen itself or the new screen is imcompatible with the sensor.. IDK
Oh OK anyhow screw it the tab has been returned to its normalcy so I ain't gonna poke more

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
maybe the display wasnt original or fully compatible or wasnt fully installed
either way,if it works its fine i guess

OP
U

ubergeek

Journeyman
Bloody hell just saw a dead pixel on the corner of the screen it is only visible on a black ground :( what a waste of 3.6k

Top Bottom