MY MIND IS CHANGEING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
AFTER DOING HARDCORE REVIEW OF AMD 64 BIT AND INTEL 3.0 I THINK THIS IS ALL USELESS AND I SHOULD GO FOR AMD ATHLON XP 3200+ WITH 512MB DDR SD RAM WITH DUAL CHANNEL.
MY QUESTIONS FOR U
1.WHICH MOTHERBOARD & CHIPSET SHOULD I TAKE -- NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 AGP DDR OR VIA KT600 AGP DDR.
2.WHAT IS ITS CORE CLOCK SPEED
3.DOES IT SUPORTS SATA HDD
4.WILL IT BE FASTER THAN INTEL P4 3.0HT[SOCKET 4xx ] WITH 256MB DDR DUAL CHANNEL RAM.
5.IN WHICH WINDOWS XP WILL OPEN FAST.
REPLY SOON. :D

theraven

Technomancer
good choice
take the nvidia chipset ... via is crap
sata support depends on the mobo and company and model that i take
ull have to specify when u ask for it
amd is better than p4 as i have recently found out
it rocks
ur 5th question is kinda subjective
doesnt matter .. go in for amd u wont repent

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
the Athlon 2800+ itself costs arnd 6.5+k range, whereas the 3200+ shud cost more and then again the prices of AMD Athlon Xp processor have been hiked by AMD.

For the Athlon XP processors, the prices have gone up by as much as 32.7 percent for the XP 2800+, 18.8 percent for the XP 3000+ and by 14.0 percent for the Athlon XP 3200+.

With all due regards to the "hardcore review" you have done imho i still think its better to go for AMD 64 2800+ or 3000+ based systems in the same price range !! The mobos come for 4.5 to 5k. But then again i can only advice, its ur money afterall...........you can do as u please. Cheers. :D

OP
nishantv2003

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
TODAY MY FRIEND BOUGHT HIMSELF A P4 I WILL WRITE DOWN THE SPECIFICATION BELOW- 1.PROCESSOR-3.0EGHZ
2.MOTHERBOARD-INTEL ORIGENAL 865GBF
3.RAM-HYNIX 256MB DDR
4.HDD-80GB SEAGATE[NOT SATA]
5.CD ROM-SONY COMBO
6.FLOPPY-1.44 SONY
7.CABINET-I BOX WITH CHIMENY[EXHAUST]
8.KEYBOARD-LOGITECH MM
9.MOUSE-OPTICAL
10.MONITOR-LG 17"[700E]
11.SPEAKERS-INTEX 4.1 3000WATTS
12.MODEM-INTEX[SMARTLINK]
13.TV TUNER-FRONTECH[INTERNAL]
14.UPS-LUMINOUS 600VA
15.HEADPHONE&MIC-ORDINARY
EVERY THING IN BLACK.
HE GOT IT FOR R.s.35500/- ONLY!!!!!!!
SHOULD I ALSO GO FOR THIS OR STICK WITH AMD.
AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING, THE SPEED WAS NOT EVEN EQUAL TO P4 2.4 NON HT[OPENING OF WINDOWS XP IS FASTER IN 2.4, I HAVE SEEN THIS].IS IT BECAUSE IT IS A BRAND NEW SYSTEM AND WILL BE FASTER AFTER ONE OR TWO WEEKS.

gaurav_018

Broken In
it sounds like you are a first time buyer. right now i would recomend amd with a nvidia motherboard. also get a 17 inch monitor it costs about 5,000

forget the floppy. use cd boot disks.buy a writer
gaurav
if you custom assemble a system it will always cost less than a bundled deal.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Indeed I was talking to nishantv2003
Sorry coz I often don't use the quote button coz it makes my post look big and not many people read big posts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom