my laptop wifi is on and "visible" but it doesn't show up on other phones,pls help

saifraza.khan.1

HOUDINI SPLICER
now i have i checked every setting,my wifi visibility is on,allow to connect to my network is on,wifi is also switched on but still it doesn't show up on other phones,and i have also tried a hotspot creator,so till this problem is fixed my new phone is useless and btw i have checked and my laptop's internal wifi does support the creation of hotspot

Gollum

Collector
Are you trying to create a Wifi Hotspot on the PC?

OR

Are you trying to access the wifi hotspot created on your phone?

OP
S

saifraza.khan.1

HOUDINI SPLICER
Can you cross check the method with this
Turn Your Windows PC Into a Wireless Hotspot
thank you this quote from this article pretty much explains the problem "Note that you have to be plugged into a wired connection in order to share the connection wirelessly with others, or have a second wireless card"as i am using a photon max plugged in my laptop that's why i can't turn my laptop into a hotspot,i guess i have to scour all my town's tech shops to find a 3 pin to usb convertor,i'll be lucky if i find one in my city lol.btw can you tell me the exact technical name of that thing that let's you plug in your photon max into a power socket

Last edited:

TechnoBOY

Padawan
thank you this quote from this article pretty much explains the problem "Note that you have to be plugged into a wired connection in order to share the connection wirelessly with others, or have a second wireless card"as i am using a photon max plugged in my laptop that's why i can't turn my laptop into a hotspot,i guess i have to scour all my town's tech shops to find a 3 pin to usb convertor,i'll be lucky if i find one in my city lol.btw can you tell me the exact technical name of that thing that let's you plug in your photon max into a power socket
[MENTION=291558]saifraza.khan.1[/MENTION] even i am loking something like this
so is there a way to share ideas netsetter ,BTW i tried connectifi but cant connect to it my mob is stuck at obtaing IP adress

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Connectify pro deals with that.

For some, cmd way works.

There's one more hotspot creation software which i am forgetting right now. Will share as soon as i remember.
[MENTION=291558]saifraza.khan.1[/MENTION] even i am loking something like this
so is there a way to share ideas netsetter ,BTW i tried connectifi but cant connect to it my mob is stuck at obtaing IP adress

TechnoBOY

Padawan
Re: my laptop wifi is on and "visible" but it doesn't show up on other phones,pls help

Connectify pro deals with that.

For some, cmd way works.

There's one more hotspot creation software which i am forgetting right now. Will share as soon as i remember.
I am having pro but still no way..

- - - Updated - - -

^ mhotspot
mHotspot - Turn your laptop into wifi hotspot
Thanks man tht saved my day

Top Bottom