My kingston SSD Benchmark. Is it good, bad or worse!

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hai,

I have bought a Kingston SSDNow V+200 (SVP200S3) 240GB SSD from flipkart.com for Rs.11,500 in May,2013. I dont have any problems with it as of now but it is slower than most of the other SSD's in the market. So I am uploading a Screenshot of my SSD's Benchmark. Please tell me whether it is good, bad or worse in terms of price to performance ratio.

Kingston SSDNow V+200 240GB SSD Benchmark:-

*i.imgur.com/8TShUzK.png

This is the SSD which I have bought from flipkart: *www.flipkart.com/kingston-v-240-gb...ZMSZ&ref=62c65056-d543-4b43-a69d-97cd888acd94

Last edited:

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Here's mine:-
8.jpg
BTW,mine is a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB bought from flipkart for 12k

I guess performance is quite low for a 13k SSD.......Please update all firmwares

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Please update your SSD"s firmware.........It makes a hell lot of difference.
Then check
1.Whether its connected to 6.0Gbps sata or a 3Gbps??
2.Rapid mode is enabled??
3.High Performance power mode is enabled or not??

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Please update your SSD"s firmware.........It makes a hell lot of difference.
Then check
1.Whether its connected to 6.0Gbps sata or a 3Gbps??
2.Rapid mode is enabled??
3.High Performance power mode is enabled or not??

I have recently updated my SSD's firware. About the other 3 you have specified can you help me step by step.OK.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
OOOOOPssssssssssss

I'm still a newbie and am trying to help others......:-D
I ran a benchmark on power saving mode and rapid mode deactivated....
Sorry,here's a new score
8.jpgUntitled.jpg

@ BavuSani bro
Have a look on the file named "untitled" Although I'm not sure,I guess there's something wrong with either your SSD,or mine :-D...........Does processor also play a role here?? I guess not!!
BTW,How do you guys post an image such that it is directly visible...In my case,it comes as a link??

Last edited:
OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
OOOOOPssssssssssss

I'm still a newbie and am trying to help others......:-D
I ran a benchmark on power saving mode and rapid mode deactivated....
Sorry,here's a new score
View attachment 12932View attachment 12933

@ BavuSani bro
Have a look on the file named "untitled" Although I'm not sure,I guess there's something wrong with either your SSD,or mine :-D...........Does processor also play a role here?? I guess not!!
BTW,How do you guys post an image such that it is directly visible...In my case,it comes as a link??

My SSD is slower buddy. No CPU does not play any role here.
Use Imgur Image Hosting Site and upload there and copy the "

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
my mechanical hdd WD blue 1tb gives me 164MBps on sequential write on crystaldisk mark software.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^that is just theoretical value.only way to get accurate transfer speeds is by transferring a big single file from one hard disk to another once(using same file again for transferring will most likely give faster speeds due to caching).

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Hai,

I have bought a Kingston SSDNow V+200 (SVP200S3) 240GB SSD from flipkart.com for Rs.11,500 in May,2013. I dont have any problems with it as of now but it is slower than most of the other SSD's in the market. So I am uploading a Screenshot of my SSD's Benchmark. Please tell me whether it is good, bad or worse in terms of price to performance ratio.

Kingston SSDNow V+200 240GB SSD Benchmark:-

*i.imgur.com/8TShUzK.png

This is the SSD which I have bought from flipkart: *www.flipkart.com/kingston-v-240-gb...ZMSZ&ref=62c65056-d543-4b43-a69d-97cd888acd94

It is always better to get opinion before getting SSD.Kingston is the worst competitor in SSD market.Crucial M500 and Samsung 840 are better.

Your speeds seem fine as they match in review*www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=6488&p=2

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
^^that is just theoretical value.only way to get accurate transfer speeds is by transferring a big single file from one hard disk to another once(using same file again for transferring will most likely give faster speeds due to caching).

that will be always lower.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^It's mostly in line with what it should be (benchmark results). I found scores are more or less closer to my Vertex 3. If you are not getting any problems with the drive, it's OK then.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^^It's mostly in line with what it should be (benchmark results). I found scores are more or less closer to my Vertex 3. If you are not getting any problems with the drive, it's OK then.

Thanks as I am not getting any problems with my drive but my Read results are optimal but my Write results are like :shock::pullhair::banghead: that worries me most.

Last edited:
Top Bottom