My Dog is a Solar charger!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaithy

In the zone
Animal rights activities should exuse this article..
At the outset I agree DOGis one of must trusted and faithful animal..People in all walk love this..(unless its cannine teeth sung deep in to your flesh and get stiched)
But I was surprised that the Man's ancient companian can be useful for Renewable energy cause
Solar dog: Man charges phone using a solar panel and his dog

By Andrew Lim on Sunday, 10th January 2010

Erik Schiegg from Switzerland has either come up with the craziest thing we've ever seen, or the smartest. As you'll see in the video, Shiegg attached a solar panel, capable of charging a mobile phone, to a dog's “weather protection” suit. According to Shiegg, the prototype "solar dog" charger works in cloudy weather conditions and it's at a better angle to the sun than if he was wearing it.
Shiegg adds, “My Android phone is charged in no time... The dog feels good and I'm feeling good and planet mud is turned a little bit more into planet earth. But this idea would be interesting for farmers around the world, letting their animals collect electricity, too. Without the cost and waste for installation and the ground.” We can't wait to see solar power-producing chickens and cows.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eot2kNt6rY

*recombu.com/news/solar-dog-man-charges-phone-using-a-solar-panel-and-his-dog_M11310.html

Last edited:
Guessed the idea from the title of the post... Anyway, solar panels can be added anywhere. You can even have one on top of your car to charge your phone and power the music system. But if it was as good as it sounds like it is, everyone would be doing it and have solar energy farms on top of everything under the sun (pun intended). But there is always the catch that solar panels are EXPENSIVE :p

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had though of this idea when I was like 5 years old, honestly. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom