My Core i5, RX 480 PC rebooting when starting game, looks like PSU is culprit

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^So how did you connect it without splitting it apart.
I think there's some miscommunication. I didn't have any problem connecting one of the 4 pin. Cause they can be split.
I was saying that two 4 pin 'cables' are joined in a very strange way, such that it's not easy to take one apart from one, thereby negatively impacting cable management. Look at the image again.

*i.imgur.com/zTDs7Qo.jpg

Two wires from each 4 lane cable are splitted into both 4 pin plugs.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hot air from psu blows downwards towards cpu and gfx card
Oh right. I guess there's a lot to learn. They don't make cases with such enhancements, for no reason, now do they?

Miles to go before I sleep... And miles to go before I sleep.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Why don't you make one if you don't want to upgrade now. You can take help of Rakesh Sir.
Dust. If I drill holes in cabinet, I would be inviting more dust. So no thanks. I am ok until I can afford a good case with proper vents and filters and ability to install fans properly.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Dust. If I drill holes in cabinet, I would be inviting more dust. So no thanks. I am ok until I can afford a good case with proper vents and filters and ability to install fans properly.
Make a hole upwards and maybe idk install a fan. Ask Rakesh ji for guidance.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Hot air from psu blows downwards towards cpu and gfx card

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

It's an intake fan. It will intake the hot air from the other components and exhaust it from back. If it is placed in the bottom with a bottom vent it will intake cold air from bottom and its cooling will function completely isolated from the rest of the PC. Other than cooling the weight of the PSU is a problem if top mounted.

How is this PSU's weight compared to CX?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think there's some miscommunication. I didn't have any problem connecting one of the 4 pin. Cause they can be split.
I was saying that two 4 pin 'cables' are joined in a very strange way, such that it's not easy to take one apart from one, thereby negatively impacting cable management. Look at the image again.

*i.imgur.com/zTDs7Qo.jpg

Two wires from each 4 lane cable are splitted into both 4 pin plugs.
I see,in latest CX series this cable is not like TX series & you can only split apart the connector portion so if you connect the one 4pin plug the other 4 pin plug will be just at its side with no separation in cable at all(as it is in yours TX model).

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
It was like that in my CX series CX430V2. But in TX650M, a modular PSU, I wasn't expecting that in this.

Top Bottom