My config....

Status
Not open for further replies.

foruamit2004

Broken In
@ lethal , go with ur intel setup, why thinking so much, you have the best gaming config for ur budget..yeah go for 9600gt, seriously you 'll regret :p ur decision if you buy ati 4670(hardly .5-1k price defference but whole systems performance in game will be like much less), but again buy a good PSU(avoid zebby or simply take a little risk :p)..

also if you are thinking of amd rig so that you can upgrade then its no sence...as even after one years or so if u think of upgrading then by that time much more good options will be available, you can sell ur current chipset and buy a better mobo for 2.5k.. these thing are considerable only if you upgrade mobo/proc < each year(+-) , but with ur budget i can assume you are not that kind of creature..

Last edited:
OP
lethalweaponforever

lethalweaponforever

Journeyman
thanx man....finally a true fellow gamer who understands.....actually i will upgrade my config once a year or so....but tht's 3yrs l8r...once i get a job as a game developer.....right now my da's paying up, so i just want the basic stuff to be a decent gamer.....i got some really high end systems in my college if i want looks....i have a team in coll. and we plan to enter every game competition tht comes by so maybe if i win i can buy a good config with the prize money.......but as of now, it's just my intel config. with the PALIT 9600GT as the gfx card......no overheating issues i hope??

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Did you already get your config ??????
There are few problems in the config.

AMD X2 7750 Black Edition Out Performs Intel E5200 and E7200 !! It costs 3.6k Avg.

Ati X2 7750+Decent Mobo+4GB RAM+4670+Regular Cabient And SMPS should do well.

For 9600GT according to experts you might need a more stable PSU, Like Cooler Master, here the PSU itself will cost 2k. Or else you should find Local VIP Silver 400W SMPS.

People don't seem to be confident about Zebronics SMPS/PSU.

Intel E5200 Is valuable only if you over clock it.
but to over clock , you will again need Stable SMPS/PSU, and better cooling solution. this will increase the price of the System.

Last edited:

foruamit2004

Broken In
even if it cost 1.5k extra for 9600gt(.5k for card + 1k for PSU upgrade powersafe gold/vip 500 watt) it is still worth it..you get almost 20-30% performance increase in games for less then 10 % increase in your total budget... didn't know about x2 7750, one can makeup his mind after reading reviews on net.. btw everyone knows that overcolcking e5200 @ 3.0+ is very easy, require less fsb, any cheap mobo can do it..

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
what about cooling ?? can budget users provide efficient cooling ?

Over Clocking definitely kills processor life and processor components slowly. Else Intel is not stupid to reduce speed and sell and lose out to AMD competition !!
This is also not budget wise...!!

9600GT with good PSU is definitely nice.
VIP Silver 400 Will do.

Last edited:
OP
lethalweaponforever

lethalweaponforever

Journeyman
how much will a decent 500w PSU cost and wht about 460W??? and how much will cabinet without a SMPS cost???

and am goin for intel.....

or maybe the iBall Gamer cabinet comes with a iBall LPE223-400 powersupply....is that good enough....

and how much does the iBall sprinter 450 cost??.......my budget for SMPS and cabby.....1.5k....maybe 2k

Last edited:

foruamit2004

Broken In
Iball is kind of worser then zebby, don't rate psus based on watts, its like ur rating a gfx card based on their memory...as i said you can get either powersafe 500~ 1.5k, vip 500 watt, cm 460 watt, all around 1.5k-2.2k, moderate OCing is not harmful unless you screwup something..and that too for 3 ghz really don't think so.. my q6600 @ 3.00 ghz runs 18hours a day avg. with stock cooler..

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
here check out, you will get some clues.
It seems that on 12V Rail you will need 18A current.
You can check out powersafe, if its the case with that PSU, you can go with it.
*www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/9600gso-on-a-zebby-psu-129379.html

which city are you from ?? if you are from nice city you won't have problems with parts i believe.

Last edited:
OP
lethalweaponforever

lethalweaponforever

Journeyman
I'm Not Gonna Overclock!!!!!!!!!

and how can i check if my PSU has a 12v rail and 26 amp current.....for god's sake i'm a gamer!!!!!!!!!!!!! not an electrician!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
True Gamers know The In and Outs of their Machines.
Else you are not a gamer. As simple as that.

The Ratings will printed on the PSU.

Otherwise.
You can also measure when your system in at full load using a MultiMeter !! This though is costly as Mutli Meters are costly. LOL.

OP
lethalweaponforever

lethalweaponforever

Journeyman
oh....THEN I'M A TRUE GAMER....AND AM GONNA FIND OUT THE INS AND OUTS OF PSU's.....KNOW EVERYTHING ELSE

my current Ball LPE223-400 powersupply shows 17A under +12v. Is tht enough for the 9600gt.....or should i go higher.....

Last edited:
OP
lethalweaponforever

lethalweaponforever

Journeyman
Old. Anywayz Suggest A Good Cabinet+Psu At 1.5k

guyz....the Palit Geforce 9600gt isn't available.......so am gonna go for the Zebronics 9600gt instead.....don't think i'm a zebby fan......i'm just telling u whats available near my house......so is the zebby card good??

or shall i go for for MSI 9500gt 1gb at 5.3k.......better??

Last edited:

foruamit2004

Broken In
^^^ ohh you already have iball cabinet and PSU, then you may buy 4670 that way you can use your older cabi+smps(still not recommanded), 9600gt will require atleast 1.5k smps only...ur from chennai right?? then go to richie street(do some exercise) and buy the palit one, their you will get other components too which are not avaliable at ur local shop.., and performance wise 9500gt(512mb)<< 9500gt(1gb) << hd 4670 << 9600gt, btw you have net connection?? its always better to read ur own rather rely on othres, these infos are easily available on internet.. just google around for "9600gt benchmark" or "9600gt vs 9500gt" "9500gt 1 gb reviews" like that...you will get all ur answers with statics, benchmarks..

if you search for "PSU for 4670 forum" and select mode "pages from india only" probably you 'll get results like this

*www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/will-intex-450-w-psu-allow-128313.html

read the above thread carefully...

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
I would suggest you to buy 4670 as you wouldn't need to buy a separate SMPS for it.
Buying 9600gt+SMPS will be a waste as the price of HD 4850 will be as low as 6-6.5k in mid april.

OP
lethalweaponforever

lethalweaponforever

Journeyman
but 4670 was discouraged by someone here.....and will it work with an intel based mobo and all......I'M GETTING REAL PISSED OFF HERE......SO MANY CONTRADICTING ANSWERS...

so....if i get a 4670 any local Zebronics SMPS will do???

will a PowerSafe 400W Silver SMPS do for a 9600gt

Last edited:

swanandlimaye

Right off the assembly line
hi gamers
I HAVE A PC WITH C2D(2.66GHZ),2 GB DDR2 , ASUS P5N-MX (GEEFORCE 7050-256 MB ONBOARD)
BUT IT SUCKKS WHEN I PLAY GAMES WITH DX 10, SO PLS SUGGEST ME SOME NICE GRAPHICS CARD. I CAN SPEND UPTO 5000 RS (100 USD).
IT SHOULD SUPPORT DX11 AS I AM NOT GONNA B DOING THESE BUYINGS FOR ATLEAT 2 COMING YEARS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom