Of course lad. But in Commerce and Humanties as well for going for generic courses with sciences, Boards are vital (high cutoffs in colleges).
If one is focusing on Engineering and Medical, then it's case of just scrapping with 60% marks is sufficient. (still some colleges count you out like BITS Pilani, 80% min in PCM IIRC)
Yeah I guess since everyone wants be an engineer or doctor in this country regardless of interest or talent or heck even future scope so... :/
I actually meant that class X is actually a joke (not meaning to break the party for the OP), class XII is somewhat more challenging so that deserves *some* credit unlike 10th which is of little credit as it's nothing more than a Birth Certificate (mostly).

I SCRAPPED THROUGH!!!!

70% :D Though PCM was 78, narrowly missed out on BITS :(

Class X is (in all honesty) a joke. I too studied my ass off in Xth, thought it's THE ULTIMATE EXAM, first semester in XIth made me realise how naive that opinion was.

My Class X pass certificate's only relevance is that it has my parents and my legal name and date of birth.

You hit the nail right on the head there. Plus, AIEEE, JEE and CET are more important esp if you are gunning for engineering or even medical (AIPMT etc.)

EDIT I got 87% in Xth :) (overall, no "Best 5" sh1t is SSC)

Congrats to OP anyways :D

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

agree, the Pilani rule is a bummer! :evil:

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

again i agree on this, but atleast people need to know the fact excelling in XIIth boards alone is no ticket to a good engg college. i mentioned this cause, i met a handful of guys who had great XII marks but mediocre to bad MH-CET marks, solely due to the fact that they didnt know or were the misinformed about the importance of engg entrance marks!:-| (this was 2 yrs ago, when i waiting in a queue at Sardar Patel Engg College to submit my MH-CET choice sheet)

You in SPIT??? :O

1)Is there a cut out for AIEEE examinees?
2)What was the cutout in CET last year/2yrs ago?
3)I read that there are just 60 seats for Mechanical. True?

EDIT AGAIN

@OP whats your overall %? Without best 5?

Krow

Crowman
^Its not SPIT! SPIT is the IT branch. For Engg., it is SPCE or SPEC. Congrats to you too!

Congrats to Krazzy! :)

INS-ANI

In the zone
congratulation krazzy for ur success. M glad for u.

and beside.. u bought the same cam i m using... though i bought it the very first day it was launched.. damage to me- 13k :( ... nice cam.. and if you get too involved with it.. you will know how good it is.

Also best of luck for your future.. get into a good inst. and carry on the momentum there!!

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
You in SPIT??? :O
Nope... Sardar Patel bas form bharne gaya tha, nearest MH-CET center for me.:-D

1)Is there a cut out for AIEEE examinees?
2)What was the cutout in CET last year/2yrs ago?
3)I read that there are just 60 seats for Mechanical. True?
1>more of a quota than a exact cutoff... If i remember correctly 15% seats in all local engg colleges (except VJTI) reserved for student admission on the basis of AIEEE marks

2>well dunno abt IT branch, but i got ExTC in Sardar Patel for 9500 all india AIEEE rank and 530 state rank... it was only a backup for me though.

3>well it must be so, anyways i think 60 branch strength is sufficient. In general its only in circuital branches you see 120+ strength. IITs have only 30 Gen seats per branch:-|

OP
Krazzy Warrior

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
congratulation krazzy for ur success. M glad for u.
Thanks. :cool:

and beside.. u bought the same cam i m using... though i bought it the very first day it was launched.. damage to me- 13k :( ... nice cam.. and if you get too involved with it.. you will know how good it is.
Cool. So all your pics posted in Photography Thread are taken from this cam?? I'll try my hands in photography soon, when i'll get some free time.. :mrgreen:

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Congratulations man.......study well in 11th and 12th and also try to enjoy a bit, because these are your last two years to really enjoy your life (before finishing your degree, that is).

In my time, getting 85% or above was quite difficult - today it seems everyone gets at least 70% :eek:

At least I can claim to be the most consistent fellow (I have consistently scored ~75% from 7th to 12th) :p

B

bigdaddy486

Congrats....btw i got 98% in CBSE Board(AISSE). this year!!... tada tada!!

I bought Samsung Corby Pro :)

INS-ANI

In the zone
Thanks. :cool:

Cool. So all your pics posted in Photography Thread are taken from this cam?? I'll try my hands in photography soon, when i'll get some free time.. :mrgreen:

Hehe.. if you start trying your hand at what i was doing.. then you will learn how limited and noob-type the cam is...
don't tell me i didn't warn you.:mrgreen:

(between.. try this: turn the cam to night mode- and ask someone to take a LED torch(or mobile torch) and make figures out of it.. take the snap )

Top Bottom