Murdered: Soul Suspect studio Airtight Games reportedly closes down

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Less than a month after the release of Murdered: Soul Suspect, Airtight Games appears to have closed its doors. The Airtight website remains active but Geekwire reported yesterday that its office has been shut down, and the studio posted a cryptic tweet earlier this afternoon that sounded distinctively like a farewell.

The news that developer Airtight Games has been closed is nonetheless unexpected and unhappy. There’s been no official comment out of the studio, but Geekwire claimed first-hand discovery of the shutdown after a trip to Airtight’s Redmond office, where its equipment was being “sold off at heavy discounts.”

While Airtight hasn’t confirmed the closure, it did post tweets earlier this afternoon hinting that something is up. “Thanks to all of the fans, family, friends and colleagues who supported us and made the last 10 years possible,” it wrote. “Thanks to all of the amazing people that worked on Dark Void, Quantum Conundrum, Murdered, Soul Fjord, Pixld and DerpBike.”

Read More : Murdered: Soul Suspect studio Airtight Games reportedly closes down

quicky008

Technomancer
Very sad news indeed-despite all the negative reviews,i must say that i really liked playing soul suspect-it has a very intriguing plot and a unique and innovative style of gameplay that feels refreshingly different from that of the usual run and gun type action games that are available in abundance these days.Perhaps their closure can be ascribed to the relatively low sales of their newest game i.e. soul suspect,which is very disappointing to say the least!

Top Bottom