1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Mumbai teen tracks down man who stole her phone

Discussion in 'Random News' started by Zangetsu, Aug 9, 2018 at 11:12 AM.

1. Zangetsu

Zangetsu El Directo!

I used another Android handset to log onto my Google account and keep a track of the activities done using the stolen phone. I found that the thief had searched for songs from the Rajinikanth starrer ‘Kaala’. He used the SHAREit app, updated WhatsApp messenger and accessed Facebook. Then, he downloaded an app for booking railway tickets

As the battery status of the stolen phone could be seen, Haq gathered from the draining battery that the handset was being excessively used. The man then booked a Dadar-Tiruvannamalai railway ticket for Sunday and took a screenshot of the PNR number and seat details. He also took a picture of himself.

Through Google Photos, I accessed his ticket details as well as his photo. A quick internet search showed that the train was Puducherry Express and it would leave from Dadar Terminus around 9.30pm on Sunday.She could see the bridge that he took to reach Dadar Terminus.

Source:
    Mumbai teen tracks down man who stole her phone - Times of India

Vyom likes this.
  2. Vyom

Vyom The Power of x480 Staff Member

That's one advantage of keeping trackers enabled on your phone.
    If you have not though, kiss your phone good buy when it's stolen.

Although, smart thieves format the phone first thing when it's stolen. Not keep using it.

3. OP
    OP
    Zangetsu

Zangetsu El Directo!

The Girl was lucky as the Thief was Naive

4. kunnusingh

kunnusingh Member

To me, Its look like Advertisement of Google services :boink:

5. Flash

Flash Agent of Speed

The Girl was lucky as the Thief used the Internet.
    Most of the thieves, just switch it off and keep it offline for many months, so not to give any sudden hint.

Nevertheless, he's one of the dumbest thief!

6. OP
    OP
    Zangetsu

Zangetsu El Directo!

I remember there was one smartphone released which cannot be flashed with new IMEI no and also was highly secured.

7. Anorion

Anorion Sith Lord Staff Member Admin

Arre yaar
    He was not a particularly dumb thief, you have to understand that 40 percent of the Indian population does not own mobile phones at all, and about 55 percent of the remaining own feature phones
    So these thieves are surprised even if the "dakkan nahi khulta hai", or the back cover of the phone does not come off. This thief decided to use the phone himself, if he would have sold it, the shopkeeper would have formatted the phone.

they get surprised when say the iphone gets tracked and they get thrashed up by the cops
    just the fact that he used shareit should give some idea
    formatting phone is waaay beyond their capabilities