Mumbai teen tracks down man who stole her phone

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I used another Android handset to log onto my Google account and keep a track of the activities done using the stolen phone. I found that the thief had searched for songs from the Rajinikanth starrer ‘Kaala’. He used the SHAREit app, updated WhatsApp messenger and accessed Facebook. Then, he downloaded an app for booking railway tickets

As the battery status of the stolen phone could be seen, Haq gathered from the draining battery that the handset was being excessively used. The man then booked a Dadar-Tiruvannamalai railway ticket for Sunday and took a screenshot of the PNR number and seat details. He also took a picture of himself.

Through Google Photos, I accessed his ticket details as well as his photo. A quick internet search showed that the train was Puducherry Express and it would leave from Dadar Terminus around 9.30pm on Sunday.She could see the bridge that he took to reach Dadar Terminus.

Source:
Mumbai teen tracks down man who stole her phone - Times of India

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
That's one advantage of keeping trackers enabled on your phone.
If you have not though, kiss your phone good buy when it's stolen.

Although, smart thieves format the phone first thing when it's stolen. Not keep using it.

Flash

Lost in speed
The Girl was lucky as the Thief was Naive
The Girl was lucky as the Thief used the Internet.
Most of the thieves, just switch it off and keep it offline for many months, so not to give any sudden hint.

Nevertheless, he's one of the dumbest thief!

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I remember there was one smartphone released which cannot be flashed with new IMEI no and also was highly secured.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Arre yaar
He was not a particularly dumb thief, you have to understand that 40 percent of the Indian population does not own mobile phones at all, and about 55 percent of the remaining own feature phones
So these thieves are surprised even if the "dakkan nahi khulta hai", or the back cover of the phone does not come off. This thief decided to use the phone himself, if he would have sold it, the shopkeeper would have formatted the phone.

they get surprised when say the iphone gets tracked and they get thrashed up by the cops
just the fact that he used shareit should give some idea
formatting phone is waaay beyond their capabilities

Top Bottom