Mumbai: Cost of Living, Salary Index

RChandan

Broken In
For a prospect friend of mine who is considering some job opportunities in Mumbai, I had the following questions.

(Of course, exact costs will vary widely depending on the locality and the negotiations involved etc., but please state average/trending figures if you can).

For a husband and wife working in Mumbai, with a combined income of around 1Lac per month (Take home income, no further deductions), how comfortable a life can they lead in Mumbai?

And (this is even more vague), for a fairly conservative couple that aren't into extravagant gigs, nightclubs or posh escapades, what is a monthly budget for two? (Say if you included Rs. 25000 for a 2BHK, Rs. 10,000 for food....etc.).

Share your inputs Mumbaikars.

abhidev

Human Spambot
They can live worry-free life with income you stated....
on monthly basis...
room rent(2bhk) - 25k
vehicle expenses(if any) - 5-10k(considering petrol costs...may increase)
public transport(train + bus + auto) - 3-5k(approx per person)

These are some approx values...obviously depends on the area your friend will be staying.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Mumbai room rent:
Powai and surrounding: 25k, unfurnished flat. 2lac deposit, 25k brokerage
Andheri: 30k, 2bhk, semi furnished
Bandra: similar range

Thane:
Hiranandani Meadows: 20K 2bhk, unfurnished, deposit and others in simiar (i.e. 10 times of ur rent amount and 1 month rent)
Hiranandani Estate : 18-20k semi furnished
Happy valley, Solitaire towers, Vasant Vihar, teen hath naka (2bhk)
rent 15k-unfurnished, 18k semi furnished, 20-24k full furnished

Own vehicle: toll 1200/- monthly+perol price
Food: 5k monthly I guess

OP
R

RChandan

Broken In
Just wanted to let you all know offers have just been confirmed. The combined take home salary stands at 1.7L. A kind landlady has agreed to only 3 months deposit, @ Rs. 22,000 monthly for a 2BHK (semi furnished, Bandra).

Happy mumbai-living to my buddies.

Top Bottom