Multiple OS @ Same Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

prathamtawde

Broken In
Dear Friends,

Has any one tried installing Mac Leopard on Windows Vista or Windows XP especially through vmWare or any other such applicaion?/

Please share your experience and difficulty faced.

Thanks and Regards,
Prathamesh R. Tawde

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Installing Mac OS X on any virtualized environment on non-apple PCs is illegal and I'm sure discussing the same here is not allowed to.

Dear Friends,

Has any one tried installing Mac Leopard on Windows Vista or Windows XP especially through vmWare or any other such applicaion?/

Please share your experience and difficulty faced.

Thanks and Regards,
Prathamesh R. Tawde
Yes you can do it.

I suggest virtual box.

Since they are PC OSes, you won't have much difficulty with them. You don't need any architecture emulation software.

@thread starter, first install the required Windows (XP or Vista) in one partition. Then install Mac OS X Leapord on another partition,your windows partition and the bootloader will be overrun by Darwin bootloader now. Then install Ubuntu and add windows and Mac OS X to the grub bootloader. This works!
Assuming you are on a Mac. I know my assumption is senseless but that's the only way I can help you. :D

Last edited:
^^Keep off the illegal talk. He didn't talk about installing mac on a non-apple computer. He just said he wants to isntall it in VMWare or any other hypervisor.

He said he wanted to install macleopard on a virtual machine, and I am assuming that he is legally installing it on a VM within an Apple Computer. Since the license needs you to install only 1 copy at a time, I am also assuming that he has a mac and he formatted it and installed linux or windows and then installed virtual box inside it and then wants to install mac.

Ofcourse there is a 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999% chance that I am wrong, but hey, lets give the guy the benifit of doubt and help him out :D

As for installing Mac OS X in VMware it's nearly impossible and insanelly tough if you are trying to do that on windows or Linux but you can install Mac OS X in VMware or parallels in Mac OS X and for that you'll need Mac OS X installed.
(lot of Mac OS Xs up there :D)
Follow what I posted if you want to run the 3 OSs mentioned simultaneously and successfully.

OP
P

prathamtawde

Broken In
Did i any where mentioned "I want to install MAC and windows"
I just asked has any one tried??

from where does question of illegal comes??

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
@thread starter
Yes I had installed Mac OS X Developer's Preview in my machine with Intel C2D 6550 and 2 GB RAM along with Vista 32bit and Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex...
@others
is *www.osx86.com an illegal site??
@mods\admin
if you find my thread offensive, please remove..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom