Multiplayer Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankit_the_hawk

Right off the assembly line
I was wondering if you guys could suggest me a few multiplayer games... The only one i have played uptil now is UrT. And it is really cool.

I have a core 2 duo 2.2 Ghz, 2 gig RAM, and onboard intel945 graphics card. And i have both Windows XP and Ubuntu 8.04 installed.

And am not looking to buy a graphics card any time soon. Thats because I want to save money to buy a guitar :p

So it would be gr8 if you could suggest a few games that would run on my resources. UrT runs really fine. And i am just not looking for fps, racing games will also rock.

PS: I am downloading FlyFF currently.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I'm a big MMORPG fan so I can recommend...
maplestory
world of warcraft

Other than that, CS, command and conquer, all have multiplayer.

OP
A

ankit_the_hawk

I'm a big MMORPG fan so I can recommend...
maplestory
world of warcraft

Other than that, CS, command and conquer, all have multiplayer.

could you like tell the versions? I mean 'wow' latest I don't think would work on my graphics card? i personally like that game too. And yes i have a 256kbps internet connection :)

Is WoW free to play on multiplayer? I don't think so...

Last edited:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
WoW will work with your card, I suppose. Check it on www.systemrequirementslab.com anyway. you can run maple, cs, cnc on yours. But your internet seriously sucks. Any online game would lag you. ANY. So change to a better plan. If BSNL, use 2MBPS plan.

And WoW I play private servers, because you have to pay for the official ones.

OP
A

ankit_the_hawk

WoW will work with your card, I suppose. Check it on www.systemrequirementslab.com anyway. you can run maple, cs, cnc on yours. But your internet seriously sucks. Any online game would lag you. ANY. So change to a better plan. If BSNL, use 2MBPS plan.

And WoW I play private servers, because you have to pay for the official ones.

Well, UrT runs fine without lag. I get a ping of around 300+ but still it works quite fine without any real lag. Or atleast I feel so.

Well, I have an MTNL plan. I would anyday go for the 2mbps plan, but the thing is the unlimited plan of 2mbps costs around 20,000 bucks pm. Now you know, I am not Bill Gates, so I can't afford to spend that amount of money on the internet, even if it more of an essentiality than food. :rolleyes:
Anyways, WoW private servers? Does that mean over a Lan? If have no other friends playing WoW, can I still find someone to play with on the private servers? Clear this up for me pls.
What about cod?

Shloeb

In the zone
@dheeraj, from where did u get WOW?
@ankit, Guild Wars is one of the best MMORPG. Its the BEST. But its not available in India i am looking for it. Asked the guild wars website but they accept only these credit cards
American Express
Visa
MasterCard
But i have Maestro ATM cum Debit Card. What to do?

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
get trackmania nations forever,its a free online(and single player) racing game.

there are other mods for quake3 just like UrT.(PS-300 is some serious lag,you should not play on server >200 pings)

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I got WoW from sources that cannot be mentioned here(illegal obviously) and I play WoW in my 2 mbps connection, with 2.5gb download limit. private servers are hosted, not on a lan, but for high no. of players to connect to it and play for free.

OP
A

ankit_the_hawk

get trackmania nations forever,its a free online(and single player) racing game.

there are other mods for quake3 just like UrT.(PS-300 is some serious lag,you should not play on server >200 pings)

I downloaded Trackmania nations. Turned out to be a nice chillout game. Single Player ain't that bad either. So, The_Devil_Himself, U seem to have a nice taste. Any more suggestions? like a war multiplayer game like cod or moh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom