Multimedia viewing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Not able to view my video files in any player... GOM, Media Player Classic. In MPC, video viewable when original size or screen window maximize(not Full Screen). Full screen shows black view. Full blank.

What could have gone wrong... help... Anyone got similar probs?
The only thing I installed recently was the Google Desktop... but I don't think it'll cause this prob.
Not a codec prob either. As all codecs r not able to b played :D, not even mpgs!
Help.... anyone... :D

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i too have faced this problem .... but on a little tinkering i realised its due to me having windows blinds (with the aero effect) and windows fx so it was affcting the videos as a result i made another user where i have no and i mean no applications other than the system apps wrking there its wrking fine ....

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
mAV3.. I was just thinkin of u... just plannin to pm u... thought u mighta faced the prob... lemme see.... I'll uninstall Google Desktop... it's sidebar musta caused the prob...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
try creating another user profile with no programs running in the background other than xp's system apps n see if it wrks

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Yippie.. got it... Google Sidebar on the left caused the prob. Big bug... On the right(which is the default) there is no prob... only on the left. Need to contact Google guyz. They mighta not checked all options while buggin :D

Tnx a lot.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
u mean to say u kept google bar on the right so the problem wasnt there and if u changed its position to the left u got the problem ??

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
^^^^^^^
xactly. I meant.. the Google sidebar... not the deskbar :D. The one like Vista's sidebar...
nyway.. I contacted the Google guyz.. might b the nxt version'll've no probs :D

Check out ur reps... btw :D

Pathik

Google Bot
can ny1 explain how google sidebar on the left interfered wit the video playin??? n how shifting it to the right solved it???

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well in my case i wud say tht too many heavy appz did not allow the players to play the vdos in full screen and i think in koolbluez case too google's sidebar did some black magic on the vdos wen they played in full screen ;)

and thanx for the rep ....

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Most probly some thing wrong with docking position & video display. google's desktop might b usin the same codin/algorithm for display as aero... transparency effect etc...
While ritin the code.. might've written for right side docking.. and used the same for left side too. In full screen.. our media player calculates display from the 1st pix on top from left. Mayb Google desktop inhibited that position & made it undiscernable for other sw.. or mayb there was a conflict there.

Somethin like that.. mightb the pros'll xplain better. Mine's a temp logically mayb solution.. to ease ur inquisitiveness :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom