Multi-Touch Apple Displays Coming Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
A multi-touch display based on the iphone is rumoured to be in the offing and may replace the track-ball & or the mouse

Source & Video

sspradhan

Broken In
yeah multi touch by apple had been speculating since 2005 when o2 released their great pdas
apple called all their designers to come up with a multi touch interface so as to avoid the hassles of the using a pointer(whatever they call it?).
what's great abt the interface is that it obeys intentional commands or touches & ignores the stray touches by your fingers.
apple must have spent lot of hardwork for that interface.
it is as revolutionary as its click mouse & click wheel(in the ipod).

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
There are a lot of great things about Multi-touch:

1. It works like magic. :D
2. You don't need a stylus.
3. It's far more accurate than any touch display that's ever been shipped.
4. It ignores unintended touches, it's super smart.
5. You can do multi-finger gestures on it.

But this thing about Apple displays coming with Multi-touch is just a rumour and it might not be true. However, I desperately hope it is! *us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/105.gif

hailgautam

Youngling
@arayush

1.Stop the MAC bashing all the time buddy, It works - ok agreed....but everything Apple does - doesn't have to be MAgiC, it is ok to be a MAC.
3. It has not come into the market, people have not used, needn't make such comments like it is far more accurate than touch pad...wait a while let it be in the market..jaldi kya hai baba
4. Fine it ignores the unintended touches, even the general DUMB touchscreen ignore unintended touches if you lock the screen....
5. ya ya you can Finger it a lot, big deal windows will copy it in it's next version :D

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
First of all, all of these are the features advertised by Apple. I am not saying that I have used it or anything.

hailgautam said:
1.Stop the MAC bashing all the time buddy, It works - ok agreed....but everything Apple does - doesn't have to be MAgiC, it is ok to be a MAC.
I never bash Macs. Why should I? I love Macs.
And there is something called exaggeration. It is often used to underscore how great or how stupid something is. If I say that someone is as dumb as a rock, it does not mean that he is actually a rock.

hailgautam said:
3. It has not come into the market, people have not used, needn't make such comments like it is far more accurate than touch pad...wait a while let it be in the market..jaldi kya hai baba
But I have seen videos and read reviews of people who have used it and all of them seem to indicate that it works as advertised.

hailgautam said:
4. Fine it ignores the unintended touches, even the general DUMB touchscreen ignore unintended touches if you lock the screen....
:lol: Are you serious or was that meant to be a joke! If it is the latter, you sure have succeeded in making me laugh.
It is akin to saying, "Fine, Macs never crash, even general DUMB PCs do not crash if you turn them off...."!
It ignores unintended touches when the screen is not locked. It automatically switches off the screen when you are talking to someone.

hailgautam said:
5. ya ya you can Finger it a lot, big deal windows will copy it in it's next version
Which only goes to prove that it is indeed a great feature.

And if you are tired of my 'MAC bashing' or whatever, you really do not need to read my posts or reply to them. I assure you, I won't mind. :)

hailgautam

Youngling
1. Oh, So you were in exaggeration mode.......... and not bashing .........fine suites me..

3. Yes of course I have also seen a few, if not many videos and seem to be working the way they intend it to work, but all that I was trying to say that let it come out in the market....come out.

4. Lock the screen as in Disable the screen touches when not in use, not shut down, ya it is funny to think that to disable the phone one would shut down it completely..:D

5. Yes agreed yes man I did.....

ha ha not bothered at all of "your mac bashing" or what every you call it please continue....:D all i was trying to participate in a discussion and putting my opinion about it, and please don't mind either...

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
enuf fellows...everytime there is a word APPLE mentioned everybody starts fighting... aryayush was just giving the details for people who dont know...as a matter of fact I didnt..
Gud to know that it is coming out & when it comes out we will decide whether it is good or bad..Before the release itself all fighting as though they are using touch screen displays for pressing the post reply button lolz

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ 31 posts u seem new around welcome to thinkdigit .... we decide the fate of the product even before it registered under the FCC

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
I would really love to see multi-touch on other devices, though I strongly think that Apple would keep it exclusive to the iPhone, at least for some years.

It has not come into the market, people have not used, needn't make such comments like it is far more accurate than touch pad...wait a while let it be in the market
aryayush is right. I haven't used it, but the people who have, agree that it 'works like magic' as Jobs said on this year's MacWorld Expo.

Fine it ignores the unintended touches, even the general DUMB touchscreen ignore unintended touches if you lock the screen
LOL! iPhone ignores unintended touches even when it's not in the locked mode. Since the iPhone responds only to your skin, you get deadly accuracy. As aryayush said, a proximity sensor on the iPhone disables the touch screen when brought close to your face (thus preventing accidental touches).

ya ya you can Finger it a lot, big deal windows will copy it in it's next version
Isn't this talk about multi-touch? It's patended, so nobody but Apple can use it.

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
hehe...ya just caught up with this forum just a month back...well didnt know that but still sometimes u mite have to eat ur own words when the pdt comes out;)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, I forgot to mention it. It is patented and no one can copy it unless they want to be sued.

Of course, if someone wants multi-touch on their phone, they can always contact gx_saurav. He will hack your phone's firmware or simply modify the operating system and lo, you'll have multi-touch.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! Apple did not say it would launch multi-touch displays. It is baseless speculation.

But of course, seeing your standard of fluency in the language, I am not surprised you did not understand the meaning of the word 'speculating'.

hailgautam

Youngling
Apple does not have a tablet pc type mac, so it would be a nice idea to have something in that category, that too with some great new features..

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Apple Tablet Mac is already available, but not from Apple. But without stylus....so much for the writing capability

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
Apple did not say it would launch multi-touch displays. It is baseless speculation.

Apple didn't tell us about the iPhone, but everyone knew it. Mac rumour sites really know many secrets of Apple that is not revealed by the company itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom