Multi-Touch Apple Displays Coming Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
aryayush said:
LOL! Apple did not say it would launch multi-touch displays. It is baseless speculation.

But of course, seeing your standard of fluency in the language, I am not surprised you did not understand the meaning of the word 'speculating'.

I think u better think about ur language

see here

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=437817&postcount=9

i think u now have to google meaning of spaculation
U KNOW NA WHAT IS GOOGLE

results
Definitions of speculation on the Web:
  • [SIZE=-1]
  • guess: a message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence
  • a hypothesis that has been formed by speculating or conjecturing (usually with little hard evidence); "speculations about the outcome of the election"; "he dismissed it as mere conjecture"
  • an investment that is very risky but could yield great profits; "he knew the stock was a speculation when he bought it"
  • meditation: continuous and profound contemplation or musing on a subject or series of subjects of a deep or abstruse nature; "the habit of meditation is the basis for all real knowledge"
    wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]
  • Speculation involves the buying, holding, and selling of stocks, commodities, futures, currencies, collectibles, real estate, or any valuable thing to profit from fluctuations in its price as opposed to buying it for use or for income ( via dividends, rent etc). Speculation or agiotage represents one of three market roles in western financial markets, distinct from hedging and arbitrage.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speculation[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]
  • The employment of funds by a speculator. Safety of principal is a secondary factor. ^ top
    www.annuity-central.com/annuity-glossary.html[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]
  • Assumption of risk in anticipation of gain but recognizing a higher than average possibility of loss.
    www.dreyfus.com/content/dr/control[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]
  • Deliberately assuming a net asset (long) position or net liability (short) position in an asset, such as a foreign currency, in the hope of profiting from price changes.
    highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0072487488/student_view0/glossary.html[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]
  • The purchase of a risky investment in anticipation of greater returns than that on a risk-free asset.
    *www.shareanalysis.com/asp/glossary.asp[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]
  • The purchase or sale of an asset (or acquisition otherwise of an open position) in hopes that its price will rise or fall respectively, in order to make a profit. See destabilizing speculation and stabilizing speculation.
    www-personal.umich.edu/~alandear/glossary/s.html[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]
  • Purchase of an asset with the expectation of selling it quickly for a large gain.
    www.mastercardbusiness.com/mcbizdocs/smallbiz/finguide/glossary.html[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]
  • The practice of buying and selling land or other property in order to profit by the rise or fall in their market value; implies a riskier venture than investment.
    www.ci.norman.ok.us/planning/greenbelt/glossary.htm[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]
  • Investing in a way that carries a high degree of risk ie loosing your capital investment. An investor would hope to "score big" by investing in a speculative investment. "Day Trading" is a type of speculative investing due to the fast-paced market timing nature of buying stock and selling immediately.
    artrepreneur.thepauper.com/content.asp[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]
  • The purchase or sale of a financial instrument for the sole purpose of making a capital gain.
    www.cperformance.com/glossary.htm[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]
  • The assumption of a long or short position in a financial instrument or a currency in anticipation of a favourable market movement which should result in a gain when the position is covered.
    www.nzelectricity.co.nz/H9glossary.htm[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]
  • An attempt to profit from futures price changes through the purchase or sale of futures contracts. In the process, the speculator assumes the risk that the hedger is transferring, and provides liquidity in the market.
    www.tradingeducators.com/resources/glossary_p.htm[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]
  • Trading for the explicit purpose of making profits.
    www.tmac.ca/seminars/financial-risk-glossary.html
[/SIZE]

sspradhan

Broken In
One thing i forgot to mention is that that the day apple launched iphone it was sued by some telecom company i dont remember(yeah that was cisco)
for using their copyrighted term 'Iphone'
That was a nasty blow to apple.

but later on they mutually agreed to share the name for some incentives.

i am guessing what they are upto?
maybe a merger. or copyright buyout by apple.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
nepcker said:
Apple didn't tell us about the iPhone, but everyone knew it. Mac rumour sites really know many secrets of Apple that is not revealed by the company itself.
But you cannot expect and wait for the company to deliver a product it has never talked about. piyush gupta is speaking as if he has been waiting since 2005 for a Multi-touch enabled display from Apple and will be the first in line to buy it when it is launched. He is trying to say that it is Apple's fault that it has not delivered the display when it has been in speculation for two years.

@piyush gupta
I dunno what you are trying to prove. Are you nuts! In another post, you rooted through all my posts over the past five days and collected them and posted them with links to prove some point of yours. Now, you copied all the definitions given by Google for the word 'speculation' and copied them one by one using the list function. Get out a little bit, man! Life is not all about posting baseless stuff on the digit forum.
Google says that speculation is "a message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence". It should be pretty clear. Mac rumour sites are expressing their opinion that Apple *might* come out with Multi-touch displays based on incomplete evidence. Apple has never even mentioned such a thing officially or unofficially. There haven't even been any leaks confirming the news.
You must have some divine powers if you foresaw the imminent launch of those displays as early as 2005 and have been waiting for it!

sspradhan, I assure you that Cisco's suing Apple was hardly a blow to them. They were expecting and I dare say even anticipating this reaction. All it did was give them loads of free publicity. There is hardly any person who has the slightest interest in technology and does not know about the iPhone yet. But how many people know about Cisco's iPhone? Not many, I'm sure. Apple lost absolutely nothing in this whole fiasco. It played out as if it was almost a calculated plan. :D

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
@arya

better u understand how to talk to people.
U said i didn't understand meaning of 'speculation' so for ur knowledge i post all of its meanings

And before u comment on me tell me whats wrong with this
"Waiting Since 2005"
I know its just a speculation

Aryaush said:
piyush gupta is speaking as if he has been waiting since 2005 for a Multi-touch enabled display from Apple and will be the first in line to buy it when it is launched. He is trying to say that it is Apple's fault that it has not delivered the display when it has been in speculation for two years.

I never said
1. I be first in line to buy it
2.Its apples's fault that it has not delivered the display when it has been in speculation for two years.

Its just ur assumptions

But still u r saying i m nuts!!!

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
The Cisco's lawsuit was silly. And yes, Apple hasn't given any details about multi-touch displays but what I mean to say that mac rumour sites really know about the internal projects of iPhone. Before MacWorld 2005, mac rumors sites knew that Apple would release a mini PC - Apple launched the Mac mini. The next year, mac rumor sites reported Apple to move to Intel - it did. This year, they were guessing that Apple would release some kind of a phone - Apple did.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
But then they also get a lot of things wrong. Everyone was saying there would be a tablet this time, Apple displays with built-in iSight cameras, Leopard will be revealed in detail, it will be launched in March. And they have been saying that Apple will release an iPhone since many years.

It is more of a hit-or-miss case. You can never bank upon these rumours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom