MTNL Bil error to 13Cr

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Mumbai (Mid-Day): Customers have received unreasonably large mobile bills in the past, but none can be compared to the sheer exorbitance of Vishwanath Shetty's January mobile bill. Kandivli-based businessman Shetty got the shock of his life yesterday when he received a text message from his service provider asking him to pay Rs. 13,18,47,813.

Shetty is a subscriber of MTNL's Dolphin mobile network and has been using their postpaid service since the last 10 years. On an average he receives a bill for Rs. 1,000 every month. "I am an old customer and enjoy their network. I received a bill for Rs. 1,318 last month and I made the payment at MTNL's Kandivli office on Wednesday," said Shetty.

"Yesterday, while returning home from Fort in the train, I received a text message saying I had to pay my January bill. I was just shocked to see the amount. It said bill is due for Rs. 13,18,47,813. Make payment immediately to avoid disconnection. Please ignore if already paid, " said Shetty.

Horrified with the over-the-top bill, Shetty proceeded straight to the service provider's Kandivli office. "When I went to the office they said that nothing can be done and the messages are sent from the head office, which is located at Bandra-Kurla Complex (BKC). I then approached the senior manager at Kandivli, but he was unable to help," said Shetty.

He added that one of the staffers told him that the bill amount was more than the monthly commission the network earned. Shetty then decided to return home, and contemplated visiting the BKC office. However, after two hours he received another message from the service provider saying: 'Dear customer please ignore previous message. Current amount is 1,318. Inconvenience is regretted, if paid please ignore.'

"I was relieved. But when I narrated the incident to my neighbour later, he said a faint-hearted person might have suffered a mild attack after seeing such a huge bill.'"

The other side

An official spokesperson from MTNL Dolphin said, "The incident took place due to a system error. Similar message were sent to several subscribers. However, when we realised the blunder, we sent another message saying that the previous one should be ignores and inconvenience is regretted. We are probing the technical glitch."

Mangalorean.Com- Serving Mangaloreans Around The World!

What I think they were doing was to send huge bills to customers, if anyone paid that amount withing 3-4 hours, then its a lottery, if no one paidn then ask them to ignour the previous message :-D

Flash

Lost in speed
An official spokesperson from MTNL Dolphin said, "The incident took place due to a system error. Similar message were sent to several subscribers. However, when we realised the blunder, we sent another message saying that the previous one should be ignores and inconvenience is regretted. We are probing the technical glitch."

Damn Bugs!!

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
According to the news....bill generation department clearly forgot to check the decimal point on the bill.....
The bill is auto generated so the system must have been poorly programmed....Only faulty programming can lead missing decimal points and what not....!

diagus

Journeyman
funny numbers
bank account owner finds 49000 crores in his bank account
Indian teacher finds over Rs 49000 crore in his bank account

Flash

Lost in speed
Red-faced bank officials would not comment, but sources claim that the funds were "uncleared" and he could not have withdrawn the money if he had tried.

That's the price for being HONEST.

Top Bottom