MSI R6970 Lightning Twin Frozr III (18 Phase PWM)

Cilus

laborare est orare
MSI HD6970 Twin Frozer III

Guys, MSI has again released a special designed card....The HD 6970 Twin Frozer III. The card is designed to have a look to Kill, a 18 Phase Power Phase design :shock:, nicely overclocked to 940 MHz (standard: 880 MHz) and more hard room for serious overclocking.
Check the review in guru3d and Kitguru.
In the guru3d review, at every test it is beating GTX 570 and very near to GTX 580. Guru3D awarded the card with their Top Pick award. And the card is not gonna cost much higher than the stock one. MSI twin frozer III design is in full control here...even in full load the card does not go over 63 degree.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Yes but not only 6970 but the gtx 580 and 570 will also get the same twin frozr III treatment.
Gtx 580 is confirmed as proved by the links provided by jaskanwar.
Expect some serious performance from the already impressive gf110 dies. Their response to overclock will be fantastic.
Check the MSI GTX 580 TWIN FROZR III (lightning) review below:

Overclock3d.net

Techpowerup

Stock gtx 580 Core clock 772 mhz Shader clock 1002mhz

Msi gtx 580 twin frozrIII Core clock 832 mhz Shader clock 1050

And the good part is its just 20$ expensive than a stock 580.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Off the topic: I think I've created the thread. Can anyone explain how the thread starter's name has been changed. is there any Moderator activity.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Re: MSI HD6970 Twin Frozer III

Guys, MSI has again released a special designed card....The HD 6970 Twin Frozer III. The card is designed to have a look to Kill, a 18 Phase Power Phase design :shock:, nicely overclocked to 940 MHz (standard: 880 MHz) and more hard room for serious overclocking.
Check the review in guru3d and Kitguru.
In the guru3d review, at every test it is beating GTX 570 and very near to GTX 580. Guru3D awarded the card with their Top Pick award. And the card is not gonna cost much higher than the stock one. MSI twin frozer III design is in full control here...even in full load the card does not go over 63 degree.

nice one cilus

Last edited:
Top Bottom