MSI 5770 HAWK Overclocking Issue

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
I have been running my 5770 at overclocked settings(Core - 975 MHz and Memory clock - 1280 Mhz) for the past month and haven't had an issue...
But when i increase it any further the MSI kombuster crashes after few seconds and so does games...
But i saw in Overclock3D that they were running the card smoothly on 1.05 GHz Core and 1.44 GHz...
So, What am i doing wrong??

The stock speeds were
Core Clock - 875 MHz
Memory Clock - 1200 MHz

Also tell me benchmarking softwares to test my GPU...not any heavy stuff as I don't want my system to crash...

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
You won't necessarily get the same overclock as others. The people at Overclock3D, Anandtech etc. are usually based in Europe/USA and have a lot lower temperatures than they have in India which helps overclocking. Also, max overclock can be different for the same cards depending on revision lot number etc.

overclock settings are very system specific and what Cybertonic said.

also 975 is very close to 1.05. a very small fps difference if u take average.

IMO its good and no visual impact on game play. so u should keep these settings

for benchmarking i use
*unigine.com/products/heaven/

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Here's the thing and its proven fact.

The media samples/cherry picked ones are different from retail stuff- depending what stuff manufacturers give they are deemed much better. Not necessarily everyone does it (although some manufacturers have been know to give cherry picked items to overclockers/reviewers) but there ya go! Manufacturers know which is good at overclocking which is not. That seems most likely the reason (or its impotent, which I seriously doubt).

But the above a try, see how it goes. Be happy with the overclocks you got if you can't achieve the same.

Top Bottom