MS Wireless Mouse - Battery drain issues

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
with wired mouse you're limited to the length of your USB cable. You can't go beyond the bounds of that cable, and if it's too short you may have to end up moving your entire computer just to use your mouse.

the mouse cable can get in the way of your activities , which causes you to tug, pull, and reposition the USB cable . (spilled lots of coffee in doing so.)

anyway its a matter of personal prefferance.

I also subscribed to this school of though, and got a MS Wireless mouse. Till it died out at around 10:30 PM at night one day.
:)

amitabhsaha

Broken In
It's not about using a wireless mouse far away from your computer. It's about wireless freedom.

Anyway the point is MS wireless mouse and keyboard have got battery drain issues. there are better and efficient wireless mouse available like Logitech. I am using my logitech wireless for 6 months without changing cells. So if you are going for wireless combos stay away from MS products.

Last edited:

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
I'm using Logitech KB+Mouse combo for last 4 months . Mouse battery lasts (Duracell , Eveready) about 1 month always on (because no On/Off switch). Currently using KODAK 2100mAh batteries :mrgreen:.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
And how much clutter does on thin wire create.

Not everyone wishes to sit in front of the PC. Some people just want to relax and sit 4 feet away enjoying games and HD movies on their eyefinity setup ;) And the wired mouses can sometimes get annoying for some people. Few of my friends are very particular about tidyness, they won't even let a pen-drive lie around here and there and the long wires are just useless junk for them. MS wireless mouses and keyboards are not junk, they are very good.

OP
S

salvachn

Broken In
So I've been using a rechargeable 2000 mAh eneloop battery, and have been using the mouse on a single charge for over 3 weeks now. The use and throw batteries suck.

Top Bottom