MS for free in Sweden.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pragadheesh

In the zone
hi,
i heard that universities in Sweden and Norway are providing higher education for free..!! would ppl doing their higher studies there have good value.? anyone know more details about it.?!

OP
Pragadheesh

Pragadheesh

In the zone
i recently heard from my friends.. Its like they dont concentrate on your gre / toeffls / ielts marks but on 10th n 12th marks.
fee free study
Sweden for higher studies

the second link is the recent news, dated Monday, Oct 27, 2008 while the first one, dated Monday, Sep 18, 2006

The article says that living expenses are rather high there.
I hope its changed due to recession.
Any idea about it now ?
And yeah, what about Under Graduate programs in Engineering ?
What is the application procedure ?

red_devil

Back!
^ i dont think that recession has *that considerable* effects on the cost of living....might just be a bit of it but not as appreciable as you might hope for..

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
Hi,
Yes its true that education in Sweden is free, there are no Tuition fees. But very less scholarships are available. Generally the average living cost is arround 20,000/- Rs. per month.
I have many friends who are doing MS in Sweden (most of them in Skovde Uni) and doing their corse in molecular biology / bio-informatics.
If anyone need help, I can give contact of my friend there.

BTW, i will be leaving in May to Germany for PhD studies. :)

OP
Pragadheesh

Pragadheesh

In the zone
@kjuvale
how is the quality of education there.!? and will we be well recognized after doing our higher studies in such institutions.!!

Askana

Broken In
can any give more info on these ??
wow sounds awesome.... 20 K per month is kinda affordable when fees are not there ,,,,

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
Sorry for delayed reply.

As per my friends doing MS there, the quality of education is good. The courses are rather tough than here and there is continuous course work, exams going on.
Regarding recognition, i dont think there will be any problem.
Currently in Skovde University in Sweden near 30-40 Indian students are doing their MS in bioinformatics, biomedicine and other.

Please refer this page *www.his.se/english/education/master-studies/masters-programmes/

This university seems to be good. There are no fees and accomodation + food dont go over 20K or so.
I have talked with my friend and according to him there are great prospective for furhter studies.
If anyone of you want to pursue their higher education in Germany please visit www.newdelhi.daad.de
If you need any help I can give you contact of my friend.
Hope this will be of little help.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I'd like to know more about MS in computer science in sweden... Im gonna go over to the swedish consulate here and ask :)

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
For people who wants/will continue their life over there it seems okay but what if someone wants to come back to India and work here?
Will the Indian companies give them the same respect or should I say priority over Indian students/candidates during job interviews?

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ I'm not sure, and here is a question as well - An indian student with a ME from an Indian university, and another indian student with MS from a foreign university.

Which one would be preferred by an employer and why?.

Edit: I'm going to the swedish consulate today, so I'll post details afternoon.

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
@dheeraj

The college/university which has more weight and the student who has more potential, I think he will have a better edge over others.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
@all

I called the consulate, and apparently they only provide services like Visa and stuff. They asked me to wait for any european education fairs, in which the nordic countries will have a stall.

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
^^ i had screwd up my graduation :D so was wondering what is there in the bag for me ?? i think i will take a good 2+ years wala diploma in geek-o-logy or anything except chemicals/ medicines

lets hope people do keep me posted about stuff

OP
Pragadheesh

Pragadheesh

In the zone
^^
if u did like to hear our opinion then u could ave posted it in a separate thread.!
rather u ave posted in the thread running about MS for free in Sweden.

dont post unrelated topics..!
also i found u ave done the same wid,
[thread=1065899][Pre(?)view Feedback] Digit January 2008[/thread]

[thread=1065898]Oracle Certified anyone?[/thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom