MS Excel: Formula for calculation in entire column

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_goyal2000

Youngling
Hi.
I'm new to MS Excel. I use MS Office 2003 Pro.
I'm facing a very irritating problem.

I've created three columns A, B & C.
The first 2 columns (A & B) contain 40 records/rows containing numbers.
C column is supposed to contain the difference of A & B columns.
I want a formula thru which the difference of records of A & B columns automatically comes in all rows of column C instead of calculating for individual rows.
I mean I want C=A-B but of all rows at one go.

Is it possible??
Plz help.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
oh ya it surely possible, but i cant remember the formula correctly just now, do the following .....
in C1 cell write =(A1-B1) and press ENTER this should work on cell C1 . then in take your mouse pointer in right-down corner of the C1 cell, and you will found a + sign, click it and drag down upto C40 cell..... i last use EXCEL 2 years ago, but i am quite sure this will work, HERE also have a another process by which you will do it from menu, cant remember it just now....:( reply if it work....

Last edited:

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
^^ It will work

If its not working

Do first step

Copy C1 reord

Select from C2 to C40

Select Edit->Paste Special
In Dialog Box Select Formula and Click OK

Done

OP
g_goyal2000

g_goyal2000

Youngling
Tech.Masti said:
oh ya it surely possible, but i cant remember the formula correctly just now, do the following .....
in C1 cell write =(A1-B1) and press ENTER this should work on cell C1 . then in take your mouse pointer in right-down corner of the C1 cell, and you will found a + sign, click it and drag down upto C40 cell..... i last use EXCEL 2 years ago, but i am quite sure this will work, HERE also have a another process by which you will do it from menu, cant remember it just now....:( reply if it work....
Thanks a lot. :) U'r solution worked like charm for me.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom