Moving apps to SD card

Status
Not open for further replies.

anarchy0x

In the zone
I know that you can't shift every app to SD, especially inbuilt ones but the option 'move to SD card' is greyed out even in case of some external apps for e.g Whatsapp, Uber etc
Anyway I can still move them? Or any other way I can free more space in internal? Thanks

Flash

Lost in speed
I know that you can't shift every app to SD, especially inbuilt ones but the option 'move to SD card' is greyed out even in case of some external apps for e.g Whatsapp, Uber etc
Anyway I can still move them? Or any other way I can free more space in internal? Thanks
Which Android version you're on?
And in case of Whatsapp, you can delete the older files in Whatsapp > Databases folder to gain some space.

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
Get a new phone with 64 GB or higher internal storage.
Actually, while buying, I had told the shopkeeper that the internal space is very less, he said I could transfer the files to SD card..Wonder if he knew or not that a lot of apps can't be transferred to SD.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Actually, while buying, I had told the shopkeeper that the internal space is very less, he said I could transfer the files to SD card..Wonder if he knew or not that a lot of apps can't be transferred to SD.
Shopkeepers don't know much. For them, a 6" 720p screen is better than a 5" 1080p screen because of size.

icebags

Technomancer
Thanks, this seems something I could explore.. does it impact sd card life?
well, i have not tried it, so it's a matter of google search.

but i can say, deletes, rewrites are bad for your card. just don't delete anything until the card is full. when you delete, delete everything you can at one go, and you will get best lifespan from any flash/ ssd memory.

os does some rewrites deletes to perform regular tasks, so can not tell how long the card will last. but if you have a card to spare, you can try it out.

Rushr

Right off the assembly line
You need Android 6.0+ or Android 2.3 and below to move apps to sd card.
For built-in apps you can uninstall update and disable them, that will save resources and space(but built-in apps are on system storage partition, so you can't use it anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom